turnerbates Design & Architecture has an opportunity for a middleweight interior designer to join its team in London.
Middleweight interior designer
An exciting opportunity for a talented designer to become an important additional member of our team; an award winning, growing and respected design studio in Borough, London.
turnerbates Design & Architecture work on a diverse range of projects, both home and abroad – from strategic masterplanning to the delivery of projects, large and small, in the commercial hospitality, retail, workplace and mixed use sectors, for large private and public clients and small entrepreneurial organisations.
Located close to London Bridge, the studio is home to a dynamic and creative team (and two dogs!) who work with passion, dedication and commitment throughout every step of a project.
- four years’ experience minimum
- experience in working on projects from initial brief to completion, including on-site interaction with contractors
- experience in the commercial hospitality, workplace, retail and mixed use sectors
- experience working on large complex schemes as well as small
- experience in working to deadlines and managing project budgets
- experience in working across multiple projects at one time
- Software (minimum requirements): Proficient in VectorWorks 2020 and above (as well as ArchiCAD ideally), Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchUp and Microsoft 365
- used to working on Mac computers
- creative individual with a keen interest in current trends in architecture and design as well as new innovative materials and specifications
- enjoys working in a dynamic, fast paced team environment
- able to work independently and as part of a team or directly with the directors
- confident and good presentation skills both face to face as well as virtually
- a keen eye for details and good knowledge of detail drawing design
- good understanding of mechanical and electrical services as well as drainage
- good knowledge of requirements and process of planning applications
- good knowledge of Building Regulations and process of approvals
- excellent spoken and written English
- willing to travel in Europe for work if needed
How to Apply
Sound like you? Please submit a CV, cover letter, portfolio of commercial/workplace experience and a written reference via the apply for job button below with the email subject: ‘Application – Middleweight interior designer role’