Middleweight interior designer
at turnerbates Design & Architecture
turnerbates Design & Architecture has a vacancy for a middleweight interior designer to join its team in London.
An exciting opportunity for a talented designer to become an important additional member of our team, an award winning, established, and respected design studio in Borough, London.
turnerbates Design & Architecture work on a diverse range of projects, both home and abroad – from strategy to the delivery of projects, large and small, in the commercial workplace, hospitality, retail, and mixed-use sectors, for large private and public clients as well as small entrepreneurial organisations.
Located close to London Bridge, the studio is home to a dynamic and creative team (and two dogs!) who work with passion, dedication and commitment throughout every step of a project.
- four years’ experience minimum
- experience in working on projects from initial brief to completion, including on-site interaction with contractors
- experience in the commercial, workplace, hospitality, retail and mixed-use sectors
- experience working on large complex schemes as well as small
- experience in working to deadlines and managing project budgets
- experience in working across multiple projects at one time
Software (minimum requirements):
- proficient in VectorWorks 2023 and above (as well as Archicad ideally), Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch Up, V-Ray and Microsoft 365
- used to working on Macs
- creative individual with a keen interest in current trends in architecture and design as well as new innovative materials and specifications
- enjoys working in a dynamic, fast paced team environment
- able to work independently and as part of a team or directly with the directors
- confident and good presentation skills both face to face as well as virtually
- a keen eye for details and good knowledge of detail drawing design
- good understanding of mechanical and electrical services as well as drainage
- good knowledge of requirements and process of planning applications
- good knowledge of building regulations and process of approvals
- excellent spoken and written English
- willing to travel in Europe for work if needed
How to apply
Sound like you? Please submit your CV, cover letter, portfolio of commercial/workplace experience and a written reference via the apply for job button below with the subject ‘Application – Middleweight Interior Designer Role’.