There is an opportunity at twentytwentyone for a purchasing administrator to join its team in London.
Full-time Monday to Friday, based at twentytwentyone’s head office and showroom in Clerkenwell.
Twentytwentyone has established itself as one of London’s foremost retailers of classic and contemporary design supplying furniture, lighting and accessories from world-leading designers and manufacturers.
We’re currently recruiting for an enthusiastic, highly organised person with strong initiative and numeracy skills. The purchasing administrator is key to ensuring the smooth running of the business, supporting the retail purchasing manager and finance manager.
The role includes purchase ledger, stock management and general administrative duties:
- raising purchase orders for retail/stock items and ensuring accurate status updates for all deliveries
- maintaining knowledge of twentytwentyone’s collections and product ranges to keep product codes up to date
- developing and maintaining strong working relationships with suppliers to ensure discrepancies and claims are dealt with efficiently and credit notes are received
- processing supplier invoices for payment and checking/reconciling supplier statements
- preparation and submission of monthly Intrastat reports
- assisting with stock-taking activities including investigation and reconciliation
- provide ad hoc support to the retail purchasing and finance managers during busy periods and to cover holidays
The ideal candidate will have:
- excellent problem-solving skills with an analytical mind
- strong ability to efficiently retain new product information
- able to work to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail supported by strong numerical skills
- strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- exceptional organisational and administrative skills and ability to meet deadlines
- effective at communicating with colleagues and suppliers through appropriate channels
- good knowledge and understanding of Excel
- experience of working with Sage Line 50 accounts or an equivalent stock management/ordering system is preferred but not essential
- experience in design-led retail is desirable
What we offer:
- birthday day off
- company annual bonus scheme
- season travel ticket/cycle loan
- generous staff discount
- excellent training and opportunities for development
Remuneration according to experience. Please apply with CV and cover letter, including details of salary expectations using the ‘apply’ link below.
Please note that we are only able to respond to candidates shortlisted for interview.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom