UHA London is currently seeking an experienced and talented Spanish-speaking senior project architect to join its London studio.
The senior project architect and environmental specialist should be specialised in sustainable design and will work on upcoming projects in Latin America and more particularly Colombia.
The successful candidate must be fluent in English and Spanish, both written and spoken, and with significant professional experience as an architect at a leading architectural practice in Colombia, and with prior experience of working in collaboration with international design practices.
The candidate must have good design and 3D skills and be specialised in environmental/sustainable design – LEED AP accreditation, with detailed knowledge of environmental simulation software packages. The candidate should also have extensive technical construction experience.
This key role will involve:
- full-time Spanish speaking senior project architect
- accredited environmental specialist responsible for all aspects of sustainable design on Latin American projects
- responsible for initial environmental modelling and for developing sustainable strategies for up-coming projects
- responsible for heading up projects in Colombia and Latin America
- liaising with Colombian clients and consultants
- preparing and coordinating delivery of detailed design packages including construction detailing in BIM
- assist with translation of relevant technical documentation from Spanish to English and vice versa
- assist directors with business development in Colombia and Latin America
Essential skills, qualities or experience:
- significant previous experience at international level architectural practice/s
- fluent in English and Spanish – written and spoken
- LEED AP accreditation
- strong interest and experience in sustainable design
- detailed knowledge of environmental simulation and modelling software packages
- strong organisational skills and ability to work under pressure handling large and complex projects
- ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project with proficiency in the following software: AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office
- master’s degree in architecture from a leading internationally recognised university with focus on environmental design
- proficiency in the following software: Radiance, Edsl TAS, Design Builder, Window and Therm
- good working knowledge of BIM software, ideally Graphisoft ARCHICAD
- experience at Colombian architecture studios
Salary shall be between £35,000 – 40,000 GBP annually, dependent upon experience.
Applications for this post shall be accepted from December 8 2017 -January 4 2018.
To apply, please send CV, portfolio and salary expectations.