Unagru is looking for a Part 3 architect to join its studio in East London.
Unagru is a young practice based in Hackney with a varied background in urbanism, ecological design and architecture, and a growing portfolio of private residential, commercial and mixed-use schemes. We are a friendly, collaborative team, sharing an office space with other like-minded architecture practices.
We are looking for someone who will, in time, become a leader within the practice and help us grow and diversify. The ideal candidate will be very passionate about architecture and construction technology. You will contribute to the company’s growth by improving processes and standards, investing time in education and sharing knowledge with the team. You will be confident working independently and collaborating effectively in a project team through all design phases. You will learn to coordinate and manage projects from start to finish and deal directly with clients, contractors and consultants. You will have exceptional attention to detail.
You will be working on and leading two high-end residential projects alongside preparing competition entries and design concepts for new projects.
Successful candidates will have:
- a minimum of two years of working experience using Revit – your application will not be considered if you do not meet this requirement
- at least two years post Part 2 experience
- a varied and beautiful portfolio
- exceptional conceptual design and technical design ability
- a thorough understanding of architectural projects’ design approach and workflow
- technical knowledge of UK planning and building regulations and UK/London housing standards
- excellent communication skills and be perfectly fluent in English
- permanent permission to work in the UK
- office day out and team building every quarter
- CPDs training and talks
- Nest pension scheme
- birthday leave policy
- monthly evening lecture and drinks
- goal-oriented work environment with space for flexibility and self-management
Start date: January/February 2024, with a three-month probation period
Interviews will be held w/c 18 December.
Location: Hackney, East London
The salary will be based on experience.
Please submit a short cover letter describing your qualifications, current employment status and availability, your CV and an edited portfolio showing your design and technical experience (maximum size 10 MB). Please also submit a brief video presentation (five minutes recording of your screen and your voice) to describe your design and technical input on a project you have been involved with.
Unagru is an equal opportunities employer.
Please apply via the apply for job button below.