Uncommon Land has a vacancy for a landscape architecture associate director to join its team in London.
Are you an enthusiastic and talented landscape architect, urban designer or architect with a keen interest in the making of spaces between buildings and are interested in joining a growing team of talented designers based in Barbican? If this sounds like you, keep on reading!
Uncommon Land works on a variety of high profile projects in the UK and overseas, ranging from large scale landscape strategies to detail design of public realm. We are looking for a talented designer to join us as an associate director, landscape architecture on a permanent basis.
About the role
The associate director role for Uncommon land will be responsible for organising and leading the project teams ensuring that the projects are delivered on time, in budget and to the desired design quality levels.
This role will also contribute to Uncommon Land’s business generation, marketing, recruitment, junior talent development and studio management/operations strategies.
- manages teams to consistently deliver design and technical excellence that meet high quality standards
- demonstrates expertise in design and/or areas, establishing themselves as a specialist in a particular field
- plans, coordinates and manages the project process, maintaining involvement throughout
- liaises with project and design directors to ensure that innovative and thought provoking projects are delivered consistently
- leads project meetings and client presentations, acting as the primary contact for client interaction and maintaining good relationships with clients to maximise opportunities for repeat business
- role models Uncommon Land’s values and fosters a collaborative environment in which innovation is encouraged and best practice shared
- leads, guides and provides training to junior talent, providing timely feedback that contributes to their continuing creative, technical and professional development
- initiates or participates in organisation of studio or group activities, leads brainstorming sessions and manages conflict effectively and calmly
- engages with colleagues to support the development of new business, enhancing internal and external communication via functions, events, forums and publications
- assists in the preparation of fee bids and undertakes fee proposals and fee negotiations for projects in coordination with the directors
- demonstrates a sound understanding of cost control, fee charging and project finance and ensures project targets are achieved through sensible management of time and allocated resources
- degree in related design field or equivalent certification or skill level
- possesses proficiency with computer applications commonly used within the individual’s discipline
- professional registration or equivalent preferred
- able to demonstrate strong design skills and creative vision coupled with high level of technical expertise. Examples of past built work strongly preferred
- people management experience essential, teams of two to five people
What we can offer you:
- competitive salary, dependent on experience
- agile working with the option of three days in the studio and two working from home
- opportunities to learn and grow within a fast-paced, global company
- a fun, inclusive and collaborative studio environment with an active calendar of social activities
- 23 days annual leave with the option to buy more
- a range of benefits including private medical/life insurance and pension
Please attach to your application a portfolio showcasing work which best demonstrates your talents.