Uncommon Land is looking for an associate director in landscape architecture to join its team in London.
Are you a dynamic associate director with an innovative portfolio to match? Are you looking to gain experience across a range of UK and global projects?
The associate director leads and inspires their team to ensure that innovative and thought-provoking international and UK projects achieve high-quality design standards and are delivered on time and on budget. They operate autonomously, requiring only minimal supervision from the senior associate/director and are responsible for supporting junior colleagues to achieve their full potential. Not only do they support the delivery of corporate-level business development strategies, but they actively support the development of leads and generation of new business across existing and future sectors and markets.
What we’re looking for
- degree in related design field or equivalent certification or skill level
- possesses proficiency with computer applications commonly used within the individual’s discipline
- professional registration or equivalent preferred
- able to demonstrate strong design skills and creative vision coupled with high level of technical expertise; examples of past built work strongly preferred
- people management experience essential to manage teams of two to five people
What we can offer you:
- competitive salary, dependent on experience
- agile working with the option of three days in the studio and two working from home
- opportunities to learn and grow within a fast-paced, global company
- a fun, inclusive and collaborative studio environment with an active calendar of social activities
- 23 days annual leave with the option to buy more
- a range of benefits, including private medical/life insurance and pension
If this role interests you, read on for details about the role’s responsibilities.
- manages teams to consistently deliver design and technical excellence that meet high quality standards
- demonstrates expertise in design and/or areas, establishing themselves as a specialist in a particular field
- plans, coordinates and manages the project process, maintaining involvement throughout
- liaises with project and design directors to ensure that innovative and thought provoking projects are delivered consistently
- leads project meetings and client presentations, acting as the primary contact for client interaction and maintaining good relationships with clients to maximise opportunities for repeat business
- role models Uncommon Land’s values and fosters a collaborative environment in which innovation is encouraged and best practice shared
- leads, guides and provides training to junior talent, providing timely feedback that contributes to their continuing creative, technical and professional development
- initiates or participates in organisation of studio or group activities, leads brainstorming sessions and manages conflict effectively and calmly
- engages with colleagues to support the development of new business, enhancing internal and external communication via functions, events, forums and publications
- assists in the preparation of fee bids and undertakes fee proposals and fee negotiations for projects in coordination with the directors
- demonstrates a sound understanding of cost control, fee charging and project finance, and ensures project targets are achieved through sensible management of time and allocated resources
Please attach a portfolio showcasing work that best demonstrates your talents to your application.