Uncommon Land is seeking a landscape architect to join its team in London.
Are you an enthusiastic and talented landscape architect, urban designer or architect with a keen interest in the making of spaces between buildings and are interested in joining a growing team of talented designers based in Barbican? If this sounds like you, keep on reading!
Uncommon Land works on a variety of high-profile projects in the UK and overseas, ranging from large scale landscape strategies to detail design of public realm. We are looking for a talented designer to join us as a landscape architect on a permanent basis.
About the role:
- demonstrate a working knowledge of the design process and project brief, supporting the preparation of the project deliverables from concept stage onwards
- deliver high quality concept designs and detailed packages for large scale, local and international public realm projects, that demonstrate developed design and technical skills
- manage third parties according to the parameters of the project
- act as a team player, actively seeking feedback and demonstrating a positive attitude towards work and team activities
- respond positively towards clients and consultants
- provide support to senior team members with client presentations and meetings as required
- deeply passionate about design and value innovation
- love collaboration with architects
- inquisitive and a good listener
- degree in related design field or equivalent certification or skill level; professional registration or equivalent is preferred
- two to four years’ experience in delivering landscape projects of varying scale, from concept through to delivery; experience of public realm projects is highly desirable
- strong design and hand drawing skills
- good understanding of technology and fast paced three dimensional exploration (SketchUp, Rhino, AutoCAD, Revit)
- a proactive mind-set and good team player
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
- a confident personality that can communicate and engage at all levels
Please attach to your application a portfolio showcasing work which best demonstrates your talents.