Undercover is seeking a Part 1 architectural assistant to join its team in London.
Undercover is a multidisciplinary architecture and design practice, with studios in London and Provence. We are a team of young, vibrant, maverick architects and designers committed to excellence, innovation, attention to detail and strategic thinking.
We are seeking an experienced Part 1 architectural assistant to join our studio in London to work on an exciting project we are developing in the South of France. The right applicant will have excellent graphic, design and technical skills. A strong design sensibility is needed, together with an active interest and knowledge in sustainable design.
Applicants should demonstrate:
- an artistic and graphic sensibility, showcasing their own aesthetic in the presentation of their work
- the ability to assist in the production of coordinated and detailed design, tender and construction packages
- some experience in construction documentation including detailing, scheduling and the production of specification documentation
- good general knowledge of building regulations
- skills in preparing, developing and editing concept drawings, models, images or other documentation related to the design
- responsibility and experience across RIBA Stages 0-4 (Stages 3-4 is imperative)
- discipline in their presentation and organisation of work
- an interest in stone construction, and an understanding of traditional construction methods with a desire to innovate throughout the design and construction process
- fluency in written English (French-speaking is a bonus)
- to be a good team-worker and show professionalism and confidence communications
Required technical skills:
- Vectorworks 2D
- have 3D software knowledge using Rhino or SketchUp (VRay as a plugin being a bonus)
- Abode Suites
Highly competitive salary – dependent on experience.
Please submit a CV and portfolio, along with a brief cover letter, via the ‘apply’ link below.
We work very collaboratively and enjoy pushing the boundaries of design to create inspirational architecture.