UNStudio is looking for advanced design architects to join its offices in Hong Kong and Shanghai, China.
As an international architectural firm, UNStudio is active in the broadest fields of architecture. Our project portfolio covers every aspect of architecture, ranging from small to large scale projects, research and theory. The atmosphere within our offices in Amsterdam, Shanghai, and Hong Kong is international, multidisciplinary and ambitious, but also open, non-hierarchical, team-based and friendly, with attention to personal well-being, knowledge development and career planning.
We are currently looking for advanced design architects to join our Shanghai and Hong Kong offices.
- five to seven years of experience as a design architect on high-profile projects at top-tier international design firms
- documented experience in all phases of the design, including design development and construction documentation
- strong aesthetic sensibilities and design skills with the ability to develop and implement a design concept from preliminary studies through to construction and detailing
- extensive experience in multi-platform workflows, geometric optimisation and fabrication processes for complex geometry and curvatures
- proactive and self-motivated, with an innate commitment to furthering design
- technical problem solver with the ability to work out architectural solutions through innovative thinking (documented through construction and shop drawings/details)
- good team player with the ability to organise both own work and others, clearly communicate with project leaders, and coach/motivate team members
- fluent English communication skills with additional fluency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese a plus
- knowledge of products, materials and construction methods in Asia
- advanced 3D modeller with a minimum of four+ years of experience in Rhinoceros (including Grasshopper and scripting – preferably Python), 3ds Max, and 3d visualisation plug-ins
- professional BIM experience on geometrically complex projects (Digital Project or Revit) a plus
- expert knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
Working conditions are according to Chinese and Hong Kong legislation. Benefits are consistent within all UNStudio offices.
Please submit applications consisting of a short cover letter, C.V. and portfolio (PDF, max.10mb) addressed to Feely Pan, by clicking the ‘apply’ link below.