UNStudio has an opportunity for a computational design specialist to join its Amsterdam office.
40 hours/full-time – Amsterdam
The atmosphere in our office is informal, international, multidisciplinary, highly ambitious and very dynamic, but also friendly with a focus on personal and professional development. The average age of our employees is 34 years and our employee base is made up of about 30 different nationalities. Almost all employees have an academic background. For the Amsterdam office we are looking for a computational design specialist to support our team with their knowledge and expertise.
You will be focusing on various aspects of computational design, pertaining to its relevance in architectural research and theory, as well as its application in helping rationalise geometry for a spectrum of architectural scales and programmatic typologies – see our projects page. This position will require you to grow your current responsibly level while helping to develop your talents. Becoming a self-guided professional that never stops learning and continues teaching others is key for the culture of the office.
- master’s degree or equivalent in architecture/computer engineering
- at least three-five years of experience as a computational designer within a dynamic, international environment
- experience coordinating with clients and sub-consultants
- outstanding knowledge of 3D modelling in multiple programs and scripting in multiple languages
- familiar with all phases of design and construction
- capable of writing research white papers and assembling workshop and tutorial packages
- knowledge of automated fabrication methodologies – 3D printing, laser cutting, robotic fabrication, sensor and electronic interfaces
- knowledge of 2D drawing in AutoCAD
- knowledge of rendering software such as Vray
- Ffuent in English – presenting, speaking, reading, writing
- multilingual a plus
- highly motivated, self-guided, and research-driven
- willing to contribute to our collective knowledge culture
The reason/s to apply:
- creative, fresh, professional
- academic work environment
- location: city centre Amsterdam
- 30 annual holidays
- holiday allowance in addition to your annual salary
- regular professional and social events
We look forward to receiving your CV/resume, portfolio and short motivation letter before March 1 2018 at HR@UNStudio.com. Please add the vacancy title to the subject in your email.
Print studio graphic design internship
at The Architectural Association School of Architecture