UNStudio is looking for an experienced architect to join its office in Shanghai, China.
As an international architectural firm, UNStudio is active in the broadest fields of architecture. Our project portfolio covers every aspect of architecture, ranging from small to large scale projects, research and theory. The atmosphere within each of our offices is international, multidisciplinary, design-oriented and ambitious, but also open, non-hierarchical, team-based and friendly, with attention to personal well-being, knowledge development, and career planning.
We are currently looking for experienced Chinese architects, mid-level to senior level to join our Shanghai office. The ideal candidates should have effective team leadership skills, solid design sensibilities, excellent technical skills, a flexible mentality, strong communication skills, and experience managing all stages of a project, from concept through to construction.
- five to ten plus years of experience as mid-level to senior architect with international project experience and solid experience with projects in China
- excellent communication, planning, and organisation skills
- extensive coordination experience with clients, contractors, and consultants
- excellent aesthetic sensibilities and design skills
- good technical knowledge and detailing skills
- extensive project leading or management experience in large scale projects
- extremely technical with the ability to resolve architectural solutions through innovative thinking (documented through construction and shop drawings/details)
- excellent knowledge of products, materials, and construction methods, especially in Asia
- strong 3D and 2D design and software skills (Rhinoceros, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite)
- proactive and self-motivated, with a continuous desire to both learn from and mentor others
- fluent communication skills in English and Mandarin required (reading and writing)
- responsible, accountable, and able to foresee risks and solve conflicts in projects
- good team player with the ability to work independently
Working conditions are according to Chinese legislation. Benefits are consistent within all UNStudio offices.
Please submit applications consisting of a short cover letter, C.V. and portfolio (PDF, max.10mb) addressed to Feely Pan, by clicking the ‘apply’ link below.