UNStudio is seeking an experienced product designer to join its team in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
UNSProduct’s spatial approach to design considers how products work within a larger context. Every product we design is an extension of our future-proof architectural thinking; a chair is never ‘just’ a chair; it’s part of a larger infrastructure that can improve comfort, productivity or health. In this way, we see product design as part of a creative loop that inspires all of our services – from urban to interior design – towards greater understanding, efficiency and creativity.
As a product designer with UNSProducts you will not only be responsible of designing new products, services and customer experiences; you will be leading several projects simultaneously and bring them from vision to commercial completion (production-ready). You have a technology open mindset and understand how to work with service designers, UX designer, architects and other product designers. Our smaller scale and faster production process means that you can experiment more boldly with cutting edge techniques, materials and technology.
Ultimately, we want you to blur the boundary between physical and digital form factors. By prototyping across a wide range of media and materials, our ambition as a team is to explode constraints to create new physical products, digital services and intangible experiences.
- three-five years of working experience
- you have a product design background and are able to move dynamically between different phases of the design process with knowledge of materials and production methods
- a master degree in design
- you are a team player, proactive mindset, reliable and dedicated
- outstanding knowledge of 3d modelling, Rhino (Grasshopper is a plus)
- sufficient knowledge of the Adobe Suite package
- strong presentation skills with a creative and compelling storytelling style
- client-facing experience
- you are analytical, able to wrap up and present ideas in a concise and effective manner
- you have a good command of both written and spoken English
A challenging environment in an independent young and international working environment. The position offers an opportunity to be exposed to highly ambitious design processes and make a significant contribution to the projects of UNStudio.
We strongly encourage you to explore our website and to familiarize yourself with our offices, our HR policy, our clients and our projects.
We look forward to receiving your application.