UNStudio is seeking an experienced site architect to join its team in Hong Kong.
As an international architectural firm, UNStudio is active in the broadest fields of architecture. Our project portfolio covers every aspect of architecture, ranging from small to large scale projects, research and theory. The atmosphere within each of our offices is international, multidisciplinary, design-oriented and ambitious, but also open, non-hierarchical, team-based and friendly, with attention to personal well-being, knowledge development, and career planning.
We are currently looking for an experienced site architect to join our Hong Kong team:
- minimum seven+ years of experience as an all-around architect, with extensive technical experience on complex, international cultural and mixed-use projects
- substantial experience on site fulfilling a resident architect role or the equivalent, as a problem solver (not just a coordinator) who can resolve issues immediately and effectively
- technical yet design-oriented, with the ability to work out architectural solutions through innovative thinking (documented through construction and shop drawings/details)
- experience producing and overseeing architecture, facade, and interior design construction document packages that incorporate complex geometry
- excellent knowledge of products, materials and construction methods, especially in Hong Kong and China
- a proactive, self-motivated, team player who is fully dedicated to achieving quality on site
- practicing knowledge of parametric design, with working knowledge of BIM (Revit) and Rhinoceros
- excellent communication skills; fluent English communication skills (reading and writing); fluent Cantonese communication skills (reading and writing) a plus
- knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft, etc.
Working conditions are according to Hong Kong legislation. Benefits are consistent within all UNStudio offices. Applications consisting of a short motivation letter, C.V. and portfolio can be sent digitally (PDF, max.10mb) to Feely Pan using the ‘apply’ link below.
When you work at UNStudio:
- you have the opportunity to work on high profile, challenging global projects
- you are part of a creative, fresh, professional and academic working environment
- your experience is highly valued, but your innovative and entrepreneurial attitude is prized highest
- you work in an international team that is highly ambitious, collegial and self-motivated, made up of recently-graduated architects, experienced senior architects, and every level in-between
- you design through knowledge and discovery, and continually learn on the job