Urbanist Architecture is seeking an executive assistant to join its team in London.
A life-changing opportunity with great career progression at Urbanist Architecture recognised nationally for creating inspiring residential developments.
Urbanist Architecture is looking to recruit an executive assistant with high personal integrity to assist the managing director of the practice. Applicants should have a bachelors or master’s degree in architecture, interior design, urban design or graphic design, as well as practical residential project development experience preferably in London.
The successful candidate should also possess outstanding technical writing skills and telephone etiquette, as well as good numeracy and literacy skills. The role is very hands-on as you will always need to stay one step ahead, take confident control, organise and support the managing director as well as add value to the projects other members are involved.
Therefore, the role would suit an excellent communicator who is confident with a strong initiative to work independently and has effective leadership, people management and teamwork skills. Previous experience gained within a similar role and/or experience working closely with important decision makers in architecture and design sector would be advantageous.
This is a challenging, customer focussed role which will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to work closely with the influencers in the architecture industry and pursue a career in design, property and business development.
The successful candidate will receive an attractive salary package and private health insurance.
- acting as the first point of contact to the managing director and acting on behalf of and representing the director
- maintaining managing director’s calendar by determining priorities, organising and scheduling appointments, planning and monitoring projects, and collaborating and cooperating with the other directors and colleagues
- managing telephone calls and enquiries
- drafting emails and reports, collecting and analysing information, presentations and spreadsheets, and initiating correspondence
- assisting in the production of project proposals
- building strong relationships with, and develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of, clients and projects
- providing support to the managing director and communications manager in monitoring, reviewing and improving internal performance measures, and documenting progress and changes
- participating in proactive upward management of business development and other firm-wide initiatives
- upholds ethics and values of the company and demonstrates integrity
- shows evidence of clear analytical thinking
- gets to the heart of complex problems and issues
- plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way
- focuses on customer satisfaction and delivers a quality service or product to the agreed standards
- deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents
- speaks clearly and fluently, and writes clearly, succinctly, correctly and convincingly, and in an engaging and expressive manner
- plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- monitors performance against deadlines and milestones
- works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way to consistently achieve goals
You can join Urbanist Architecture if you are 100% committed to excellence, if you love serving clients, if you are passionate about architecture, and if you always tell the truth. If any of those four boxes are not ticked, please don’t apply. We put chemistry and cultural fit high on our priority list.
We hire the best and brightest.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions.
Strictly no recruitment agencies.
Please submit your CV and cover letter using the ‘apply’ link below.