UXUS is looking for an architect/technical designer to join its growing practice in Amsterdam.
UXUS is a thought leading, global creative agency specializing in consumer experience. In 2013, we became part of the FutureBrand group, a leading brand consultancy network with over 25 offices worldwide.
We work in a multi-national environment and our expertise includes retail design, restaurant design, hotel design, brand identity and communication, concept and brand development and architecture.
The principle responsibility of this position is to work with the design team, developing projects of various scales that require technical and construction detailing knowledge and skills.
Depending on the project, the scope of work may range from initial concept to various phases including: schematic design, design development and construction documentation – sometimes including tendering and construction follow-up support to the project management team.
The candidate should have good design skills and understand construction principles, with a focus on shell and core building design. You will be able to develop a project from simple hand sketches to consistent CAD drawings, including plans, sections and elevations. 3D modelling is advantageous. Experience developing masterplan technical drawings is a plus.
Required skills and aptitudes
- professional degree in architecture, with three-four years post graduate experience
- high technical skills with attention to construction detailing
- experience coordinating different disciplines – MEP, structure, etc.
- ability to develop design options in collaboration with the design team
- experience working on international projects
- experience working with a team of designers
- enthusiastic and comfortable working in a multidisciplinary team environment
- ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment is required
- self-motivated and enthusiastic individual
- fluent in English, verbal and written
Proven experience using:
- 3D modelling software – SketchUp/Rhino
- Adobe Software – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
If this role is for you, please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org