Vanderveer Designers is searching for a business development manger to join its office in Utrecht, Netherlands.
Business development manager (full-time)
Vanderveer Designers is looking for a highly motivated business development manager with strong networking skills and a passion for products that move people — literally.
As a leading design agency focusing on mobility, Vanderveer Designers creates meaningful and visionary products for brands that move people. Now, we’re looking for someone who can help us not only acquire more business opportunities, but expand our reach with their extensive network and knowledge of the mobility sector.
If you’re business minded, have a track-record of adding accounts, mobility-focused and interested in working with clients like VDL Bus & Coach, Thule Group, Royal Dutch Gazelle, Dorel Juvenile, Hymer AG, Bosch Rexroth and Sabic Plastics, we want to hear from you.
You will have the chance to shape and grow our business by seeking new opportunities in the mobility sector and expanding our network in line with our strategic and revenue objectives. But while we’re mainly focused on acquiring new clients, we also need someone who will continue to maintain and develop existing client relationships in order to leverage new innovative projects.
Essentially, you’re the person who has their pulse on the market and is always one step ahead to keep new and exciting ventures in our future.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- acquire new clients and develop long-term client relationships
- expand our business and strengthen relationships with our current clients
- draft assignment contracts in cooperation with the senior design staff
- gather market intelligence on opportunities and find the appropriate person(s) to team up with
- develop acquisition-related marketing and PR concepts in line with our value proposition
- develop new business fields, extend the partner network, attend events and trade shows
- take the lead in the facilitation of events and seminars to support existing and attract new clients
- promote our brand online through social media and events
- we are looking for a doer — taking initiative and owning projects must be in your DNA
- at least five years’ experience in client acquisition and related marketing
- a network of colleagues and past clients ideally in the mobility industry
- a strategic mindset to identify and frame opportunities that align with our capabilities and focus
- compelling interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- ability to travel occasionally in Europe
- excellent English writing and verbal skills — German language is a plus
- experience with design and/or product design is a plus
What does Vanderveer offer you?
At Vanderveer Designers, we are united by our shared passion for products that move people. We believe in challenging the status quo of mobility to create a sustainable world where everybody has the freedom to move. You will work alongside thoughtful, creative individuals who have curiosity, empathy, and optimism. We work hard, but we also craft moments for our team to pause, create, and connect. We respect the need for work-life balance and allow for autonomy in both the design process and your career.
This is an opportunity to take a lead position in one of Holland’s most mobility focused design agencies.
Sounds like your call? See our website for more information.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.