Victoria and Albert Museum is seeking a studio and design manager to join its team in London.
We’re looking for an amazing studio and design manager with a solid knowledge of design to run the design studio and help manage our portfolio of projects for the museum.
The ideal person will be someone who can oversee a range of design projects, act as brand guardian and also take responsibility for the development and running of the studio.
This person will balance time between working alongside designers and supporting the head of design in the practical management of the design studio and print unit.
In this role you will have the chance to work across a range of design projects including marketing campaigns, temporary displays, major exhibitions, festivals, installations, printed collateral, museum furniture and museum spaces whilst also ensuring our studio develops professional standards of excellence.
About the V&A
The V&A is the world’s leading museum of art, design and performance. It is home to over 5,000 years of human creativity, with world-class displays, exhibitions and events, and welcomes around four million visitors every year.
The V&A Design studio is fast-paced and the design team is collaborative and hands-on, working iteratively with curators, colleagues and collaborators to create an outstanding experiences for local and international audiences.
The ideal person will be someone who has:
- a proven track record working in a fast-paced creative studio environment with experience running design projects and/or a design studio
- experience of work scheduling, resource allocation, budget management, team coordination and management of freelancers
- experience working with clients to scope projects, define briefs, to create project plans for design work and to allocate and manage resources accordingly
- track record of taking design concepts to delivered results
- experience to effectively commission, brief and manage a range of freelancers and collaborators e.g. designers, illustrators, photographers, lighting designers, printers
- excellent client and communication skills
- experience running a busy studio from operations, budgets and projects to maintaining resources, a materials library to training and team activities
- a solid working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
The V&A offers a range of employee benefits including 28 days annual leave, pension, an interest free season ticket or bicycle loan is available after three months. Free entrance to all the major museums and exhibitions in London as well as many others. Subsidised staff restaurant and discounts in V&A shops.