Vine Architecture Studio has an opportunity for a project architect/architect to join its team in London.
Vine Architecture Studio has a new opening for an architect/project architect. The successful candidate would have the opportunity to grow with the practice and to become a key member of our team. We design buildings that bring people together and have a future – we make architecture for everyday, for every person, for the longer term. Our work is varied and consists of a selection of residential projects from single houses to larger housing and mixed-use schemes as well as workplace, cultural and placemaking proposals. Our studio is open, friendly and approachable but our dedication and professional standards are high. We have won a number of awards and our work has been widely published.
As a small ambitious studio we’re seeking the right person who will have the chance to be involved in all aspects of the practice. If the following sounds like a description of you then we very much want to hear from you:
- you are kind and confident, hardworking and collaborative
- you are curious about the world and committed to sustainability
- you know how to manage your own workload efficiently and juggle multiple work streams while being proactive in improving systems and processes
- you are good at listening to others, able to carry out specific tasks and work independently
- creativity: your portfolio should include demonstrable examples of conceptually creative projects that have been realised with technical detailing and on-site pragmatism
- craft: you are able to produce outstanding 3D physical / computational models and visualisations and also communicate ideas through hand drawing
- knowledge: you have a (good / excellent) understanding of the RIBA work stages, construction and procurement methods, UK building regulations and town planning policies
- communication: you have excellent interpersonal skills and your command of written and spoken English allow you to develop a rapport with clients and consultants, colleagues and collaborators
- experience: you have a (minimum of one year post Part 3 qualification) professional experience and a track record of fostering strong, productive relationships with clients and other stakeholders. Your working knowledge of job running will have given you an understanding of how to keep careful custody of the client brief and the company reputation
- software: you will have a strong background using Adobe Creative Suite. We use Vectorworks Architect (BIM) and you will preferably have experience with this software (but not essential)
- delivery: you will ideally have experience of taking responsibility on projects at every stage including contract administration
Day to day:
- to use your creativity and resourcefulness to generate design solutions that exceed our client’s expectations
- to produce full drawing documentation throughout the RIBA work stages to focused deadlines and across concurrent projects
- to prepare technical design and specification information for clients, external consultants and planning authorities
- to co-ordinate with local authorities to efficiently manage the planning application process and maintain our excellent record of successful applications
- to liaise with suppliers, fabricators and manufacturers and to use our library of materials and samples in order to specify finishes and procure specialist items
- to integrate the company vision and ethos in all you do and bring new ideas and energy to improve our practice every day
We can offer you the opportunity to work on a variety of projects across various scales from conception to completion. We are committed to facilitate the continual development of your career across all architectural responsibilities. Other offerings include:
- salary commensurate with the RIBA guidelines
- membership of the company pension scheme
- payment of ARB fees
- regular CPD seminars and continued learning
- 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- an open welcoming environment
Vine Architecture Studio is an equal opportunities employer so strives to create an environment that is inclusive and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Please first read through the descriptions above to make sure you feel you have the right skills and attributes for the role. Following this, to apply please send a CV and digital portfolio (max. 10MB) via the apply for job button below.
Unfortunately, due to the likely volume of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants to invite them to a face to face interview at our studio and will not be able to speak about positions over the telephone.
The application deadline is 11 November 2022. We hope to hear from you.