Waldo Works Studio is seeking an FF&E interior designer to join its London team.
We are looking for a talented mid-level FF&E interior designer with a minimum of two years experience to work on high-end residential and commercial projects.
Working within a project team, the FF&E designer will be responsible for all FF&E aspects of any one project including, sourcing, specifying, ordering and deliveries on time and on budget and to a brief. For this role, candidates should clearly show competent knowledge of and natural passion for great design and have high attention to detail.
Role and responsibility
- working closely with creative directors at presentation and initial concept meetings
- create boards, layout plans, attend meetings and present concepts to clients
- research and meet with new suppliers
- to prepare full FF&E schedules with associated costs and correct specifications
- prepare and manage spreadsheets and other budget requirements
- oversee purchase orders, negotiate, coordinate and liaise with suppliers
- maintain and develop existing relationships with suppliers and manufacturers, and foster new relationships with new suppliers
- coordinate delivery and installation of all FF&E and oversee handover
- lead, manage and mentor junior designers
- ensure that FF&E library/sample area is managed and maintained
The candidate should also:
- be able to support the rest of the team and contribute to a positive working environment
- be capable of clear communication; fluent in English, both written and verbal
- be able to work with excel spreadsheets and have a knowledge of VectorWorks
- how experience of delivering neat, clear and accurate design information and schedules
- be able to confidently represent the company externally to clients and suppliers
- be meticulous, highly organised and efficient
Please apply by email with a CV and portfolio under 5MB.
Due to the large volume of applicants, only those who have been successful will be contacted.
No agencies please.
Experienced Part-III architect
at Paul Vick Architects
Part-II architectural assistant/architect
at Gibson Thornley