Wardle is hiring a design technology leader/BIM manager to join its studio in Melbourne, Australia.
Wardle is a studio of architects, inventors, designers and makers that navigate beyond conventional practices into the emerging. We bring the future into form.
Based at our studios in Melbourne and Sydney, Wardle is a highly creative design practice recognised for the quality of its award-winning, finely detailed projects. Our portfolio is diverse, ranging from small to large scale in the areas of bespoke single residential, educational and public projects, health, multi-residential and commercial projects, and urban design, which can be found throughout Australia. Our collective ethos extends to partnerships with interstate and international practices.
Our practice fosters a collaborative culture and comprises a dynamic, versatile team. We meet regularly and share knowledge across our Melbourne and Sydney studios.
We promote a positive work environment, offer flexible working arrangements and regularly enjoy whole staff events, celebrating milestones and cultural activities throughout the year while maintaining the health and wellbeing of our staff. We encourage and are committed to continual staff development, mentoring and support.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced design technology innovator and BIM leader to join our Melbourne studio and lead our BIM team and our digital transformation strategy.
- lead the digital transformation strategy across the practice, provide strategic advice and oversee the implementation of new technologies in computational design, BIM, visualisation, virtual reality and artificial intelligence
- lead the BIM group, ensuring that BIM projects are delivered to a high-quality design and technical standard
- collaborate with the IT management team, providing strategic advice and support, leading internal communication
- provide leadership across the practice on the implementation, usage and innovation of BIM and design technologies
- lead the BIM group (BIM coordinators and consultants), sharing workloads and prioritising tasks
- continue the development and refinement of our documentation system and develop efficiencies and innovations in collaboration with the technical directors
- assist with the education of clients and consultants on our approach to BIM including any assistance with capability statements or fee proposals
- produce guides, induct, train and mentor the team and staff
- lead the strategic development of new digital initiatives
- develop and lead innovations that drive working efficiencies
- lead software and platform rollouts and implement change management processes
- provide high-level strategic advice and support for IT procurement required for design platforms
- assist with management of licensing procurement and allocations
- assist with application development, administration and maintenance of SharePoint, Intranet, Newforma and Miro
- knowledge of Revit Macros and Revit API using C#/VB.NET would be advantageous
This role will be based in Melbourne, Australia and could suit someone who is returning to Australia after living overseas or someone who is looking to reside in Australia. Valid and proven experience in a similar role may have been attained while based in other locations, such as the UK, Europe, USA and/or Australia.
- ten-plus years of experience in a similar role
- ability to work to deadlines, prioritise work and delegate
- exceptional communication and presentation skills, fluent in all aspects of the English language
- experienced in coordination and working with clients and consultants
- proficiency with and passion for BIM
- love for all things design and being a part of a dynamic and creative environment
How to apply
Send your cover letter, CV and portfolio in pdf format only (10 MB max) to the attention of Jeanné Skelin, practice coordinator, via the apply for job button below.
Only applicants with a long-term right to work in Australia will be considered.
Direct applications only, no agencies.
Wardle will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
We welcome talented staff from a diverse range of professional backgrounds and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Please refer to our website for further details.