at We Made That
We Made That is looking for a practice administrator/manager to join its team in London.
Are you a motivated and energetic administrator with an interest in architecture and design?
We are seeking an experienced and career-minded practice administrator/manager for our growing team of architects, urban designers and researchers based in Bermondsey, London. You should be resourceful and committed with attention to detail, tenacity and thoroughness in administration and support. Prior professional experience in the built environment, architecture and design sectors is a desirable advantage.
You should be capable of working alongside the practice partners, senior management team and the head of people, as well as providing support to the wider team.
The role is incredibly varied, so adaptability and flexibility will be required to meet the wide spectrum of requirements, which span hands-on practical tasks to ensure the smooth running of the office, through to administrative and management support.
Responsibilities and tasks
The ideal candidate will be capable of working closely with the practice leadership in a role which will include financial administration, office management and broader support. Key roles will include:
- undertaking invoicing, book-keeping and monitoring
- liaising with external accountants/payroll provider
- preparing financial reports, analysis and planning to support the financial health of the practice
- scheduling senior management team meetings and other cross-team meetings/working groups, including providing coordination and support where necessary
- scheduling weekly, quarterly and ad hoc team meetings, strategy sessions and other events
- managing incoming phone calls, emails and post
- greeting guests and visitors to the office
- maintaining supplies of stationery, cleaning and other office supplies and ensuring everything is in good working order
- liaising with all office suppliers, contractors and consultants
- maintaining up-to-date information on all office systems, policies and procedures
- liaising with external IT support
- assisting with setup and maintenance of hardware, software and systems
- fielding and fixing basic IT issues and queries
- liaising with external comms support
- providing a key point of contact for internal coordination
Impact and project support:
- understanding environmental and social performance aspects of our work
- monitoring, reviewing and assisting in the completion of QMS and B-Corp requirements
Competencies, skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of office or practice administration at a small/medium-sized professional services business, as well as being calm, friendly, organised, commercially aware and a good communicator.
- financial literacy ranging from invoicing to budget management
- excellent command of spoken and written English
- relevant professional experience within an office administration/ management role
- fluency in MS Office (Excel, Word)
- strong prioritisation, communication and organisation skills
- conscientious, with strong attention to detail
- exemplary time management skills
- ability to multi-task and work against tight deadlines
- demonstrated commitment to professional development and learning
- experience in using CMAP and Xero
- proficiency in Adobe InDesign
- copywriting skills and the ability to communicate ideas succinctly
- degree or qualification in a relevant creative or business subject
- qualification or experience in business management/finance
- an ambition and propensity to help support a growing practice
£28,000 to £37,500 per annum (plus company benefits)
37.5 per week, but open to flexibility for the ideal candidate
On top of a competitive salary, we offer staff a wide range of benefits including hybrid working options, flexible working hours policy, pension and enhanced parental leave provision, profit share, paid professional memberships, training opportunities, cycle-to-work scheme, and an interest-free TfL season ticket loan. Our growing internal wellbeing and activities programme includes social events and field trips, as well as wider support.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and would ideally be available to start in April 2023. We Made That is London living wage accredited, an equal opportunities employer and supporter of the Mayor’s Fund for London Diversity Pledge.
How to apply
Please submit a digital copy of your CV via the apply for job button below (max 10MB) along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria. Mark the subject line with ‘practice administrator/manager’. Deadline for applications is 6 April 2023.
Pay will be commensurate with experience and we would request that you set out your pay expectations in the covering letter.
About We Made That
We create equitable places through incisive research and impactful projects. We work exclusively for the public sector and charities and are committed to delivering public good.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers urban research, strategies and master plans, and public spaces and buildings. Together, we provide considered and thorough intelligence, shape healthy, fair and well-designed places and bring life and value to the built environment.
We are driven by making better places for all.
We Made That was established in 2006 and became a Certified B Corporation in 2021 with a new legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. We deliver projects across the UK from offices in London and Manchester.
You must sign in to apply for this position. If you don’t have a Dezeen Jobs jobseeker account, create one here.