Webb Yates Engineers is seeking a practice manager to join its team in London.
The practice manager will be responsible for all aspects of non-technical practice management, and will line manage office administration, systems, marketing, directors PA and HR functions (excluding IT and finance). The practice manager will work with the senior management team across all Webb Yates Engineers offices with support from the administration team.
Demonstrable experience (five plus’ years) in similar roles, ideally within design or construction-related firms.
Duties and key responsibilities/role
- high-level oversight of all functions of the admin team – marketing, HR, and facilities
- reporting at the senior leadership team meeting and contributing to strategic planning and development as a member of the senior leadership team
- managing office accreditations including Constructionline and Acclaim
- overseeing and managing filing document control, job management and purchasing systems
- oversight of GDPR compliance
- implementation of new company accreditations
- managing health and safety, fire and security regulations
- coordinating and facilitating office moves
- ensuring smooth running of London and Birmingham premises
- overseeing office tidiness and visual appearance, cleaning, improvements and environment
- negotiating supply, services and equipment contracts
- managing subscriptions and memberships
- creating and managing London and Birmingham office supply budgets
- negotiating and managing mobile phone contracts
- high-level oversight of HR manager and HR strategy
Markeiting and communications:
- high-level oversight of marketing manager and marketing, business development and communications strategies
- this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list, and as the leader of a busy support team, the candidate will be expected to pick up ad-hoc support tasks where necessary