West 8 is hiring a junior landscape architect/architect to join its team in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
West 8 is an industry-leading design agency working across the fields of urban planning, landscape architecture and infrastructure. Headquartered in Rotterdam, and with offices in Belgium and North America, our multidisciplinary team of over 60 designers of different nationalities work on projects that transform the paradigm, all over the world.
Our team designs durable and timeless parks, gardens, landscapes, urban areas, residential areas, public spaces and waterfronts. We set new benchmarks in the fields of sustainability, resiliency and ecology in our studies, concepts, master plans and visions that stand up to climate change, water management and urbanization issues of our time. We interweave function, infrastructure, and culture to stimulate the desire to occupy, to play and to explore.
West 8 is looking for a motivated junior landscape architect/architect to join our Rotterdam team. You will work on various inspiring and challenging projects, both in the Netherlands, and the rest of the world, across the entire design process.
Are you who we are looking for:
- you are excited to work in a dynamic team and want to push boundaries.
- you are energetic, critical and eager to continuously improve.
- you are communicative with your ideas through technical drawings, sketches, physical and 3D models
- a degree as an architect, landscape architect, or similar
- one to three years’ of relevant work experience
- ability to work smoothly with graphics software: Including 2D (eg. AutoCAD, Adobe CC) and 3D (eg. Rhinoceros, Lumion, 3DSmax, SketchUp)
- excellent in your use of spoken and written English
(Please note, proficiency in Dutch, or another second language, is not a requirement, but a plus)
West 8 offers you a full-time position, with the opportunity to grow in a stimulating environment in our Rotterdam studio. You can count on enthusiastic colleagues and a wide range of meaningful projects from all over the world.
Send your resume, motivation letter and portfolio to [email protected] with the subject line ‘junior landscape architect/architect application 2022’.