WeWork is seeking an interior design lead to join its team in London.
WeWork began in 2010 with a vision to build more than just beautiful, shared office spaces. Today, we offer individuals and organisations access to a desk, an office, a headquarters, or an entire building in hundreds of cities around the world; with over a third of the Fortune 500 companies being WeWork members. We’re building the first global physical platform designed to bring people together. A community, where everyone can belong, because together there is no limit to what we can achieve.
About the role
We’re seeking a designer with at least four years of experience for our interior design studio. The designer will aid in the creation of vibrant co-working environments, collaborative spaces, and special projects ranging from 5,000 – 100,000sf worldwide. Rapid project schedule requires organization, tenacity, and ability to work with others. Periodic travel may be required.
- collaborate with the design manager to define and maintain an on-brand project aesthetic appropriate to the market, neighbourhood, and program
- collaborate with the project team architect to develop layout(s)
- collaborate with the design manager to ensure project design intent follows WW brand standards and best practices
- collaborate with the creative director on design concept/mood and how to successfully implement from concept phase through project execution
- identify and select products and vendors that meet brand standards
- work closely with FF&E sourcing lead and logistics lead to generate and manage FF&E project schedules and track FF&E supply chain (lead times, quantities, finishes)
- substantial involvement during documentation and pre-construction/bidding to convey design intent and finalise the selection of products and vendors
- substantial involvement during staging and closeout stages to ensure design intent is maintained through project installation
- practical experience in high-end hospitality, residential, commercial and/or retail interior design
- a commitment to delivering outstanding service to high-end clientele
- reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
- open to feedback, with boundless amounts of positive energy
- highly resourceful problem solver and a quick learner
- ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- high level of comfort working with project schedules (timelines, quantities, prices, SKUs, etc.)
- Proficient in the following programs: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, and Revit AutoCAD
- knowledge in space planning a plus
- AS or BA degree required, with a major in interior design or architecture
- a minimum of four years of experience
- must be fluent in English
Please visit our career site to apply here. Portfolios must be submitted for consideration.