Whitespace Architects is looking for architect and graphic designer to join its team in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Works closely with senior designer/design director on conceptual designs, space planning, presentations, design development, and production. Proficient in SketchUp, and all the Adobe Creative Cloud tools. Enjoys working with a team of architects that bring design dreams to life. This role is for someone who has a great sense of how to transform a design idea into a graphical presentation that tells a story.
- developing concept designs and properly articulated concept reports both by hand and by using computer-aided software
- create architectural and master planning diagrams, drawings, and graphical representations
- produce accurate technical and contract documentation for construction of project
- generating design product including sketches, storyboards, modelling, and presentation documents
- develop, coordinate and manage the library of collateral, presentations, and architectural materials needed for the business unit including marketing materials, research reports, and corporate brand materials
- work alongside the design and marketing executives at related to determine the positioning of materials, look and feel, brand character, and distinguishing proposition for each assignment
- preparing mockups and presenting to clients before deciding on a final design/concept
- coordinate with third agencies, art services, printers, marketing agencies, and rendering studios
- SketchUp, Rhino and other 3D Sketch software, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign and PowerPoint
- knowledge of the design process
- outstanding graphic presentation skills
- ability to manage a variety of project types in various stages of development
- ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
- knowledge of the total project process from concept to delivery
- self-starters with good verbal and written communication skills in English
- attention to details and ability to meet deadlines
Education and experience requirements:
- Bachelors degree in architecture/urban design/industrial design
- minimum seven years’ experience
To apply for the position, please submit a resume and cover letter together with a recent photograph using the ‘apply’ link below.
Please include the following information:
- cover letter; why are you the best fit for this role
- a comprehensive portfolio (PDF, below 10MB), not more than 25 pages and resume
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.