Wildercreative is looking for a senior CAD design manager to join its London team.
Wildercreative are a bespoke design and build company, specialising in the digital fabrication of furniture and joinery. Our work covers both the residential and commercial sectors working on projects from £10k to £500k. Our projects range from kitchen design through to large complicated staircases and full joinery fit out.
Our workshop and design studio is based in Walthamstow and includes 13,000 sq ft of machine shop and fabrication space. We employ approximately 25 people, with 6 office staff.
Summary of role
Wilder are looking for a senior CAD designer or Part-II qualified architect to manage all aspects of the furniture design process.
The successful candidate must ensure that all Wilder projects are designed, detailed and drawn to the highest standard. They must be able to produce full drawing packs that are easy and clear to understand ready for approval by our clients. They must engage with all active projects and assist with project management as necessary.
Applicants must have at least five years experience working in the construction industry, ideally within the joinery sector.
- fully proficient using Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Inventor and Rhino software packages
- good knowledge of CAD/CAM digital production processes
- solid experience using Microsoft Projects
- good level of Adobe suite
- overall Good IT skills to support office requirements
Job responsibilities include:
- undertaking initial site surveys as required
- attending design reviews and site meetings where necessary
- taking external architect/designers drawings or design intent and producing a full package of Wilder production drawings
- producing drawing issue sheets and keeping these up to date
- ensuring all dimensions and materials on drawings are clearly labeled
- updating design changes as quickly as possible to ensure projects are moving forward to avoid carpenter downtime
- liaising with the production manager and carpenters to ensure design details will work and function in the best way possible
- detail and manage company processes relating to the role. Streamline all processes where possible
- work closely with the MD and production manager to advise on design
- solely responsible for checking that appliances, sliding gear and any specified products will function as expected
- researching new materials, hardware, ironmongery and understanding functionality
- previous experience working for a similar design and build company is essential. It is crucial that the candidate understands how joinery is built
- good understanding of timber materials and associated costs
- understanding of how contracts work
- knowledge of CAD/CAM digital fabrication and construction methods
- ideally some understanding of design for manufacture processes (IMOS, Homag WCC)
Hours: 8:30am – 5pm
Salary: dependent on experience
Holiday: 22 days plus bank holidays
Start date: immediate/asap