Wimberly Interiors is seeking a senior FF&E designer to join its studio in London.
Over the course of the last seven decades WATG and affiliated design studio Wimberly Interiors have become the world’s leading design consultants for the hospitality, leisure and entertainment industries. WATG offers integrated design services comprising strategy, planning, urban design, architecture, landscape, and interiors design for urban tourism and resort destinations. WATG’s projects are renowned not only for their design and sense of place but also for their bottom-line success.
The London location of Wimberly Interiors is hiring an experienced senior FF&E designer.
Senior FF&E designer should have extensive knowledge in drawing preparations, product resource organisation, and knowledge of CAD documentation are key components of the senior designer’s role. This position has responsibility for rendered plans and section elevations, detailing and translating concept design into building assemblies for full design process during all phases. Senior interior designers are called upon to complete technical research and review and provide feedback for organisation of specification manuals for interior finishes, furnishings and accessories. This role requires substantial knowledge in architectural contract preparation, liability and fee calculations as associated with related projects. This role requires the ability for creativity, foresight, maturity in design judgment when anticipating and solving design comparatives. The Senior FF&E Designer serves as the primary contact with clients and consultants as well as vendor negotiations.
- extensive experience and ability in the use of AutoCAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- extensive experience and ability in interior design and, graphic design concepts such as, but not limited to hand sketch casework, vignette scenes, hand colouring, rendering interior drawings, area take offs and shop drawings
- extensive proficiency and understanding of FFE quantity matrices
- extensive proficiency and understanding of imperial and metric measuring and drawing
- the ability and experience in independently designing major areas within the hotel and or commercial interior design project arena and have skills for multi-management of projects
extensive proficiency and understanding in creating profiles and construction interior details, including millwork and casework
- must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable in interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors and internal staff
- the ability to coordinate, delegate, give feedback, and mentor subordinates regarding their work and professional development
- the ability to take on a leadership role with subordinates and project team
- the ability to understand and implement complex concepts, practices, and procedures within the interior design field
- extensive knowledge of translating design concepts into building assemblies
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to…
Through proper utilisation of staff, team and resources the senior designer position has project responsibility for the following:
- interior space planning
- imagery identification
- furnishing layouts
- freehand sketches/detailing
- furnishing, colour and material boards
- product resource and research for specifications
- rendered plans and elevations
- cost estimating
- coordinates project teamwork with staff and related consultants
- furniture, fixtures and accessories specifications
- shop drawing review
- client presentation skills
- construction administration for interior detailing
- construction administration for furniture, fixtures and accessories
- purchase order review
- familiar with hotel design programs, operators design standards and general rules of thumb
will perform other project and duties as assigned by the manager
A university degree in interior design or interior architecture and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a related firm, designing large interior projects including urban and resort hotels is required. International travel will be required.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.