Woodford Architecture and Interiors is looking for an interior designer to join its team in Devon, UK.
We are an architecture and interior design practice seeking a professional and approachable interior designer to join our team working on high-end residential projects in the southwest.
We are looking for an interior designer who will be effective and efficient in the day-to-day operation of our office.
- experience of working on residential buildings, new build and listed
- CAD drawing skills (AutoCAD LT)
- setting up trade accounts, ordering requested samples, obtaining proformas and managing the procurement of loose furniture and fittings
- preparation of design plans
- preparation of presentation reports
- confident in the selection of all interior finishes; paint, flooring, tiling, etc. and soft finishes
- confident in specifying and reviewing ironmongery schedules
- confident in specifying and reviewing lighting plans and schedules
- completing electrical layout plans
- technical skills in working with new and existing buildings
- the ability to take responsibility, meet project deadlines, to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills as your role may require you to liaise with clients/contractors/consultants on a day to day basis
- IT literate
- proactive in identifying issues or problems
- excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task under pressure
- excellent written and verbal communication skills tailored for a professional environment
- punctual, driven, self-motivated and confident
- proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- knowledge of Adobe programs Indesign and Photoshop
- confident driver
- professional and presentable
- helpful and positive, willing to get involved in a wide variety of tasks and projects
- ability to think logically and look for alternative solutions
- strong attention to detail
To submit your CV, please click the ‘apply’ button at the bottom of the ad.