Woodford Architecture and Interiors is looking for an interior designer to join its team in Devon, UK.
We are an architecture and interior design practice seeking a professional and approachable interior designer to join our team working on high-end residential projects in the southwest.
We are looking for an interior designer who will be effective and efficient in the day-to-day operation of our office.
- experience of working on residential buildings, new build and listed
- CAD drawing skills (AutoCAD LT)
- setting up trade accounts, ordering requested samples, obtaining proformas and managing the procurement of loose furniture and fittings
- preparation of design plans
- preparation of presentation reports
- confident in the selection of all interior finishes; paint, flooring, tiling, etc. and soft finishes
- confident in specifying and reviewing ironmongery schedules
- confident in specifying and reviewing lighting plans and schedules
- completing electrical layout plans
- technical skills in working with new and existing buildings
- the ability to take responsibility, meet project deadlines, to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills as your role may require you to liaise with clients/contractors/consultants on a day to day basis
- IT literate
- proactive in identifying issues or problems
- excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task under pressure
- excellent written and verbal communication skills tailored for a professional environment
- punctual, driven, self-motivated and confident
- proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- knowledge of Adobe programs Indesign and Photoshop
- confident driver
- professional and presentable
- helpful and positive, willing to get involved in a wide variety of tasks and projects
- ability to think logically and look for alternative solutions
- strong attention to detail
To submit your CV, please click the ‘apply’ button at the bottom of the ad.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom