Woods Bagot is hiring a senior business development leader to join its studio in New York City.
Woods Bagot is hiring a senior business development leader to support its New York studio and the North American business and client development strategies. Working as part of a global business development, marketing and communications team, we are interested in individuals with backgrounds in business planning, market research, analysis and lead generation.
Working closely with principals and other designers, you will also be responding to tenders and project pitches as well as playing a key role in developing innovative and well-coordinated business development campaigns and client feedback programs. Reporting to the global client stream leader and regional executive chair, you will also be working with the leadership team to deliver the business strategy and plan. This is a unique opportunity for an innovative and energetic business development professional to be an integral part of our strategy and growth.
We believe that the unique contribution of all our people is the driver to our success, so to support you at work we offer a range of great medical benefits, 401k and leave policies.
We want to work with you to contribute to the development of our North American business by:
- consolidating and understanding Woods Bagot’s business vision and market presence
- developing strategic business development plan with Principals
- developing target list of clients and our client account program
- contributing to our client pipeline
- ensuring an optimum conversion rate for opportunities
- developing reputation building themes and campaigns
You will be able to demonstrate:
- excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- a proven ability to pay close attention to detail, strong organisational skills and a track record of fully implementing projects to completion, on time and on budget, often in a high-pressure environment
- self-motivated and enthusiastic with requisite personal drive and energy
- good listening, written, verbal and graphic communication skill and professional writing style
- works well as part of a team
- operational excellence in using a CRM system and reporting tools
- experience in supporting the project management and preparation of winning tenders, proposals and submissions
- genuine interest in design and business, across industry trends and ability to align these with an organisation’s strategic direction
- creativity and lateral thinking
- a degree in marketing, business, commerce, communications, design or equivalent experience
- at least six years (or equivalent) post qualification business, commerce, marketing, design or equivalent experience
- advanced software skills notably Adobe InDesign, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Excel, Intranet/Internet.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and covering letter by clicking the ‘apply’ button below, with the subject heading ‘senior business development leader’.
Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and will close on 30 July 2020. We do not accept unsolicited resumes or names from agencies.
It is an essential requirement that at the time of applying for this position applicants must have the legal right to work in the US.
Inspiration. Innovation. Inclusiveness. We are Woods Bagot.
Woods Bagot is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
At Woods Bagot, we are committed to creating an environment where difference is celebrated, valued and respected, practices are equitable, and our people feel like they belong. We accept that none of us is smarter than all of us. We believe building a diverse workforce is the foundation to creativity and innovative design – it is only by working together that we can realize the potential of our people, clients and communities around us. Through our inclusive leadership and our truly global studio network of architects and designers, you will find your voice and have the support and flexibility required to bring your whole self to work and build an exceptional career.
We run a flexible working environment to ensure a strong work/life balance. This includes options for partial work-from-home and time-shifting your hours.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United States