Woolf are seeking a junior interior designer/FF&E to join their office in Bath, UK.
Woolf is a leading multi-disciplinary interior design / interior architecture practice which focuses on the design of high end private client residential, development and hotel projects in the UK and Internationally. We have offices both in London and in Bath .
This role is for a specific residential contract. It is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a small design office where you will have real autonomy and take a key defining role. We are currently looking for a talented and imaginative interior designer who shares a passion for design who would like to join our small and friendly professional team in our Bath studio.
This candidate will require a minimum of one year experience from within a design practice environment or similar .
The designer will demonstrate fluency with the following computer programs:
- Vectorworks 2D – essential
- InDesign – essential
- Estimac – essential
- Sketchup – essential
- use of social media platforms such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Facebook
The core studio skills of the role will include:
- office management and general administration skills
- help run a large project in tandem with a project leader
- developing and delivering concept design and presentations
- produce space planning, setting out elevations and scheme level technical drawings
- maintain a detailed knowledge of suppliers and have the ability to research products finishes and materials
- build upon the trades and consultant database
- sourcing, cost planning and tracking expenditure for FF&E orders
- liaising with suppliers and producing relevant production documentation and cutting sheets
- installation programs, coordinating with onsite contractors and architects when required
- have experience in creating mood boards both digitally and in the studio using samples
- produce and coordinate tender and production information
- produce meeting minutes and finishing schedules
- attend site meetings, regularly liaising with contractors and consultants
- practical completion and space styling
- retain an ongoing understanding of in modern, classic and historic interiors
- attend trade events, trade shows and supplier openings where appropriate
The designer will need the following client skills:
- to possess a discreet professional manner with clients at all times.
- to have an understating of data protection.
- to present work to architects and clients under the director’s instruction.
The applicant must have the legal right to work in the UK .
To submit your application please click the ‘apply’ button below.