Works Progress Architecture is searching for Part 2/3 architects to join its team in Portland and Los Angeles, USA.
Works Progress Architecture has emerged as one of the few truly progressive architectural design studios with offices in Portland and Los Angeles.
Founded in early 2005 by principal Carrie Strickland in Portland, Works Progress Architecture has established a design approach rooted in clear conceptual diagrams applied across a wide spectrum of project scales. Works Progress Architecture strives to bring thoughtful engagement to each project and maintains a staff that contributes in this way. The studio is fast-paced and collaborative with tight timelines and tight budgets and holds a high standard for design quality.
Works Progress Architecture is seeking candidates for the positions of Part 2 architect and Part 3 architect with four to twelve years of professional and design-related industry experience. We are looking to fill multiple positions in our Portland and Los Angeles offices and the positions will be filled as soon as possible.
- possess a personal interest and understanding of the design process
- possess a personal interest and understanding of ADA and municipal code compliance
- have a belief that the entire project timeline, from conception to delivery, is the design process
- be a self-motivated individual that has the ability to prioritize and be detail-oriented
- be able to multi-task, establish priorities and communicate clearly
- be comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- be resourceful and able to work under deadlines
- have an ability to interpret and convey design studies and concepts
- be proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel), Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino and V-Ray
- have experience working with construction documents, details and working productively with a team and/or individually
- have experience in the area of construction administration, replying to RFIs and submittal responses, issuing ASIs, and reviewing pay-applications
- get along well with others, have a good sense of humour and have the maturity to receive constructive criticism during the creative process
- experience with multifamily, adaptive reuse, TIs, and ground-up commercial is essential
This is a full-time position with salary commensurate with experience and studio structure.
Please submit PDF resumes and work samples in PDF form (no larger than 6MB) using the ‘apply’ link below.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United States