New York, USA
WSA is looking for a design architect to join its team in New York.
We are seeking a highly creative and passionate design assistant to join our team in New York, working on creative construction and interior design projects.
You will assist our creative team from concept to execution, with a heavy focus on purchasing unique and interesting furniture and design pieces. The design assistant will also be confident overseeing logistics and the sourced pieces. You will have a keen interest in art, fashion, and culture, which will inform your research and purchasing of pieces.
Our design assistant should have excellent communication skills and an entrepreneurial attitude, prepared to go above and beyond to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner and within budget, to a first-class standard.
- working closely with directors to outline and concept projects
- build database of unique sources to acquire pieces
- working to heavily referenced based approach
- pitching ideas and concepts to directors
- sourcing and purchasing interesting design pieces
- overseeing acquirement and delivery of the pieces
- bachelor’s degree in interior/spatial design, or similar
- portfolio of work
- proficient working with both analogue and CAD drawings
- excellent communication skills and ability to work well within close/small team
- able to meet strict deadlines
- experience procuring art and design pieces from international vendors
- self-motivated and entrepreneurial attitude