XUL Architecture is looking for a senior architect to become part of its team in London.
We are looking for a talented RIBA senior Part 3 architect with at least five years’ UK experience with an entrepreneurial spirit to take a lead creative role within the practice and help us take the practice to the next level.
The right person must be:
- a skilled architect; a very creative designer able to run large high-end residential projects independently (single-family houses and small developments) through all RIBA stages as well as small/medium commercial projects
- strong management skills and capable to lead a small team
- experience in construction drawings packages and project contract administration
- strong AutoCAD and SketchUp skills essential. Revit advantageous as we would like to start using it in the future
- strong graphics (InDesign and Photoshop) advantageous
- curious and demonstrate a passion for learning
- ideally available to start in January but can be before
A people person
Excellent communications skills and fluent spoken and written English. Proven confidence to deal with their team, as well as private clients, consultants, partners and networks.
Someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who wants to share our vision for the business and help us take the company to the next level. Someone that will wear the t-shirt and help us run XUL Architecture as if it was truly theirs.
Passionate, driven, motivated, proactive, kind, honest and fun.
Calm, mature and professional. Ability to take responsibility and be accountable.
- discretionary yearly bonus
- regular HR reviews and clear career path and opportunities for growth
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- commission on projects brought to the company
- regular social events
- travelcard and bicycle scheme loan
About XUL Architecture
XUL Architecture is a RIBA chartered practice with over 10 years of experience who specialises in high-quality design of residential and commercial projects. We are very well established in north-west London with over 200 completed projects.
We are located in the beautiful Belsize Village, close to transport and local amenities. We recognise the importance of supporting our team and have in the past worked with ‘engage and grow’ to bring out the best in each one of us. We have also introduced the team to ‘mindfulness and meditation’ with The Breathe Academy. We have a wonderful small team and get together frequently for CPD, social outings and lunches. There are great opportunities to grow within the business.
What we believe in
We are a commercially minded, client-centred architecture practice and believe as a team we should be designing beautiful and functional buildings, at the same time making the architecture profession profitable.
We believe architecture is as much about relationships as it is about design, so we put great emphasis on customer service. We believe the key to a successful project is 50% the journey and 50% the finished project.
Our extensive research is based around finding ways in which we could bring more natural light into architecture as this has positive impact on wellbeing, productivity and creativity.
For more information please visit our website.