Xylotek seeks a practice manager to support its wood design-and-construction business in Bristol, UK.
We are an ambitious start-up company growing a team of makers, designers and consultants delivering advanced timber structures in the UK and internationally.
Who we seek:
The practice manager will support our directors in the operational management of the company, including responsibility for HR, office & facilities management, day-to-day financial management, and PR/outreach.
The role is based in central Bristol at our workshop and design hub, working with both the team there and our remote workers in UK and internationally – thus providing a key central point of contact and coordination for the firm.
- have a core role in the development of the company
- consolidate the Company’s cultural presence
- have a ‘front-of-house’ role representing the company and its ambitions
We work closely with leading architects and engineers and seek someone with cultural understanding of those sectors. Passion for design and making in wood would be an advantage!
Summary of role requirements:
- providing front of house reception
- carrying out all necessary activities to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the office, both for our remote and workshop-based activities
- devising and implementing filing and archiving systems
- managing the ‘universal diary’ of people and vehicle movements, meeting dates etc
- keeping stock of and ordering supplies when necessary
- ad- hoc PA for the senior management team
- being a part of the sales team, managing CRM system
- day to day finance management
- assisting the project management, job tracking and contract management
- HR management including maintaining staff records and management of recruitment processes
- support of PR and marketing activities including organising events, conference attendance etc
Salary negotiable, dependant on skills and experience that can be brought to the role. Part-time hours also considered.