Xylotek is seeking a timber designer/project manager to join its firm in various locations across the UK.
Xylotek seeks a timber digital design specialist/project manager to join our team in delivering advanced timber structures.
We are a growing UK-based international start-up seeking to expand our capacity to deliver exceptional structures in wood. By combining unique depth of knowledge of timber construction with advanced technical and design expertise, we offer bespoke specialist consultancy, production and installation services at all project stages from conception to built realisation.
Working with clients, architects and engineers at the highest level, Xylotek connects digital design and fabrication techniques with capability in practical delivery, driven by a passionate understanding of the complexities of wood and its potential to improve the built environment.
Who we seek
We seek a skilled designer and/or project manager, passionate about innovation in wood architecture, with experience in the fields of architecture, engineering, making or construction. Knowledge of contemporary digital design techniques and CADCAM workflows is essential.
The role will entail:
- concept design 3D/parametric modelling of timber structures
- project development including through physical prototyping
- 3D modelling and data management for CAD/CAM fabrication
- coordination with architect and engineer partners
- coordination/management of fabrication and installation teams
- project management of cost and programme
Salary negotiable. Location flexible, with remote working possible.
Summary of role requirements:
- a passion for high-quality design and construction
- a thorough understanding of timber and its possibilities
- commercial skills in the delivery of projects and dealing with clients and their agents
- fluent English written and spoken
- Rhino and Grasshopper
- 2D and 3D CAD and BIM
- desirable – Revit, Photoshop, InDesign
- desirable – timber CAD/CAM software eg. cadwork or hsbcad
- desirable – second European language
- use of Excel, spreadsheets, and programmes/Gantt charts etc
- good organisational and communication skills
Please send us your CV and portfolio or examples of your work using the ‘apply’ link below.
Xylotek is an equal opportunities employer