Yellow Studio is seeking a studio coordinator and project support to join its New York team.
In this role, you will work closely with our general manager and in-house design team as they provide cutting-edge designs for both small and large-scale productions worldwide. Our projects range from large-scale televised shows to studio shows, concerts, exhibitions and live events. You will collaborate with top media networks, high-profile brands, not-for-profit foundations and leading musical artists, with a focus on providing crucial support to our growing team.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- assist in day-to-day communication with clients, suppliers and contractors, from project inception through the creative process and ongoing project management and execution
- support the establishment and maintenance of strong, lasting relationships with clients, suppliers and contractors
- aid in the management of the design team’s daily tasks, helping with research, assembling presentations and ensuring designers meet client and supplier deadlines
- help in creating project timelines and maintain an understanding of the overall studio schedule
- assist in scheduling client presentations and meetings
- participate in client pitches and presentations and take detailed notes
- effectively relay client feedback to the design team, overseeing updates to ensure designers accurately respond to notes
- support with client invoicing, project expenses and post-event financial reconciliation, coordinating with external bookkeepers and accountants
- provide assistance in addressing day-to-day issues with clients, suppliers and contractors
- attend and contribute to regular status meetings with the design team to track project progress, identify problem areas and help implement solutions
- on select small projects, assist general manager in coordinating all event elements into one cohesive production
- support in scheduling and preparing for post-event debriefs with clients and the design team, and take detailed notes
- be open to occasional travel (domestic and international) when required
- book all team travel as needed, including flights and accommodations
- provide support to the principal as needed and assist in managing their schedule
- lead office administration duties, ensuring the studio is clean and well-stocked
- arrange photography for all projects and update the website and portfolio as needed
- optionally, provide assistance in managing studio social media
Skills and qualifications:
- one to two years of experience in a supporting role within the events or television industry
- proactive approach with excellent follow-up, including prompt email communication
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- strong team player with the ability to work independently
- developing ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers, contractors and clients
- creative and strategic thinker with an interest in fast-paced environments and problem-solving
- attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining a high level of accuracy
- interest in fashion, food, arts, technology and other creative sectors
- willingness to learn new skills and stay updated on industry trends
- familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- friendly and approachable attitude, with a willingness to assist wherever needed
About Yellow Studio
Yellow Studio is an artistically minded international design firm based in New York City that specialises in production design, creative direction and art direction for television and live events.
Over the past two decades, the studio’s global team of creatives has worked with some of the world’s most successful brands to create events and experiences that combine bold, artistic vision with cutting-edge technology.
Among our recent projects are prestigious televised awards shows, such as the Grammys, televised competitions, including Eurovision, and live musical productions like Disney’s Beauty and The Beast 30th Celebration. We have created sets for global artists, including Mary J Blige and Alicia Keys as part of the Apple Music Live series, and completed a number of self-initiated artistic projects, such as the creation of an immersive sculpture garden.
However complex the challenge, Yellow Studio prides itself on delivering poetic, transient environments that tell engaging stories and leave lasting impressions.
Please submit your application via the apply for job button below.