Yiangou Architects is looking for Part 1 architectural assistants to join its team next year in Gloucestershire, UK.
This is a salaried position paying £20,000 p.a (or a little more, depending on experience), based in Cirencester, starting in January 2020.
As a member of our architectural team, you will get the opportunity to work with other talented designers on some of the finest residential schemes in the country. Whether working in traditional or modern idiom, we are passionate about quality, detail and craftsmanship.
Our studio environment welcomes collaboration and healthy debate about work at all stages and, as we take a high proportion of our projects from initial sketch design all the way through to completion, you will have the opportunity to see your work realised.
- help to prepare and present design proposals
- develop design details
- use Vectorworks to produce design and working drawings
- produce detailed drawings. These will used for example, for planning, costings, for tenders
- prepare planning applications and liaise with planning authorities and building control
- help co-ordinate the work of consultants and contractors
- assisting in the solving of problems that might occur during building
- an architectural degree
- familiarity with both traditional and contemporary detailing
- good communicator, confident dealing with a wide range of clients and projects
- excellent design skills, either developing others’ conceptual ideas or designs from scratch
- proficiency with 2D CAD (ideally Vectorworks, or willing to switch from AutoCAD or Microstation)
- 3D modelling
- basic understanding of planning law, listed buildings, conservation areas etc
- good team player with an ability to work well with other members of the team
- an ability to deliver results, to see jobs through
- experience in the high-quality domestic sector
- good understanding of vernacular architecture
- experience of conservation and listed buildings
- an enthusiasm for the Cotswolds
- experience with Vectorworks
- good freehand skills and the ability to communicate ideas by hand quickly and easily
- able to deal with complete working drawing packages up to tender, including statutory requirements, NBS, prelims and contract documentation
About Yiangou Architects
Just ninety minutes from London, our offices are located in the centre of Cirencester, the historic capital of the Cotswolds. Many people choose to relocate to this vibrant market town or to the surrounding villages and countryside when they join us. Others opt to commute from around the region (Cheltenham, Gloucester, Oxford, Wiltshire, Bristol, Bath and Herefordshire).
Success is, of course, to be shared. We offer very competitive rates of pay and additional benefits such as a generous profit-share scheme and contributory pension. There is a structured progression process which provides opportunities for long term advancement. Our stable team, with around a third of our employees having worked for the practice for more than ten years, is testament to the quality of life at Yiangou Architects.
We take the development of student talent very seriously, and look to get new recruits engaged and productive on projects as soon as they arrive. Many students come back several times during their education, working with us during holidays as well as during their placement years.
The practice prides itself on its management style and professionalism, with a strong administrative team available to support the architectural staff. We have dedicated HR, finance and IT resources within the office.
We maintain a non-discriminatory recruitment process and welcome applications from all eligible candidates. Unfortunately, we cannot offer visa sponsorships at this time.