Yinka Ilori has an opportunity for a personal assistant to join its team in London.
Yinka Ilori is a multidisciplinary London-based artist of British-Nigerian heritage, who specialises in storytelling by fusing the two identities of his descent to convey untold narratives in contemporary design. He began his practice in 2011 by up-cycling vintage furniture, inspired by the traditional Nigerian parables and West African fabrics that surrounded him as a child.
Come and join us
The studio now consists of a team of colour-obsessed architects and designers, with the expertise and capacity to take on large-scale architectural and interior design projects.
The studio continues to experiment with the relationship between function and form, with an output that sits between traditional divisions of art and design.
We are looking for a PA to join us. Working closely with Yinka Ilori and the team to co-ordinate the day-to-day running of the studio to support the vision.
- are you dynamic, highly-organised and adaptable?
- can you develop relationships?
- are you detail-oriented?
- do you have the ability to solve problems and deliver efficiency?
- are you ready to be part of a great team and support a smooth operational function?
The ideal candidate will have experience as a personal assistant and be able to work enthusiastically in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for great organisation, flexibility, enjoyment of administrative challenges to support a colour obsessed studio. A friendly manner is essential with the ability to adapt, which may include some weekends. If you have an eagerness to learn, can keep calm under pressure with great attention to detail, we want to hear from you!
Role and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- providing administrative support to Yinka Ilori
- booking transport, accommodation and all other travel admin (e.g. visas, health insurance)
- assist with the organisation of board meetings
- type up reports, project correspondence, minutes
- diary management, meeting set up, arrange catering
- folder management
- telephone calls, screening, message taking with follow ups and action
- support processing and approving monthly expenses (in line with company policy)
- uploading relevant documentation to accounting platform
- highly organised
- friendly and enthusiastic
- ability to prioritise and multitask
- can-do attitude with a willingness to help
- flexible and able to adapt to support deadlines
- an interest in Architecture, Arts or Design is useful
- professional phone manner
- impeccable communication skills, both spoken and written
- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- ability to cope well under pressure
- trustworthy, discreet and reliable
The studio is a very sociable and inclusive place to work. Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion is a fundamental part of our charter. All candidates will be treated fairly regardless of their background, age, race, sex or disability.
We look forward to hearing from you!