Yinka Ilori Studio is seeking a project manager to join its team in London.
Yinka Ilori is a London based multidisciplinary artist of a British-Nigerian heritage, who specialises in storytelling by fusing his British and Nigerian heritage to tell new stories in contemporary design. He began his practice in 2011 up-cycling vintage furniture, inspired by the traditional Nigerian parables and west African fabrics that surrounded him as a child.
Come and join us
The studio now consists of a team of colour-obsessed architects and designers, with the expertise and capacity to take on large-scale architectural and interior design projects. The studio continues to experiment with the relationship between function and form, with an output that sits between traditional divisions of art and design.
We’re looking for a project manager to join us. Working closely with Yinka Ilori and the team to co-ordinate the day-to-day running of the studio and supporting the overall vision.
As a project manager, you will act as the day-to-day point of contact for our wide portfolio of clients. Working in an agile and creative working environment. Your leadership and drive will be responsible for the successful delivery of large-scale design projects. Throughout the design process, you will work closely with Yinka Ilori and team to manage the workflow with overview of budget, capacity management and the ability to make key decisions. The successful candidate will also be responsible for seeking out and supporting new business opportunities. This will include managing the production of our tender submissions.
Are you dynamic, highly-organised and adaptable? Can you develop relationships? Do you have the ability to solve problems and deliver efficiency? Are you ready to be part of a great team and manage the core operational function of the studio?
- create and maintain the project plan for all projects during build and run phase, ensuring that large scale and/or multiple project(s) are delivered and managed successfully to the highest standards of delivery
- contribute to the creative, technical, and strategic direction of the project by working as key part of a highly skilled, multi-disciplinary team
- act as day-to-day client point of contact, facilitating the resolution of problems, in collaboration with project technical leadership
identify and evaluate project risks/issues and able to devise and
- implement effective mitigation strategies
- budget and capacity management
- providing internal monthly and external project status reports
- recognising and highlighting potential new business opportunities with the client
- chair and coordinate meetings
- processing invoices, expenses and VAT
- strong focus on quality of output to ensure the only the best possible outcome is delivered
- ability to work calmly under pressure of deadlines and delivery
- strong content generation skills with a keen eye for detail (including proofreading, quality checking, imagery and design)
- team management and organisation
- team workflow, timesheet management and project time-tracking
understanding of Microsoft Teams and other Microsoft technologies (Word, Excel,PowerPoint, Project, Outlook)
- comfortable and confident in Mac OS, Office 365, and have basic InDesign skills
- someone who has at least four years’ experience in a similar role, this will be your second or third position as a project manager or similar
- office administrative role
- educated to degree level or equivalent
- interested in design and the creative industries
- ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, diplomacy, and professionalism
- principled, pragmatic and calm – always ten steps ahead; expert in time management and scheduling
- energetic and optimistic – able to inspire confidence in people at all levels, an ambassador for the company
- curious, sociable, positive and connected – in people, ideas, culture, commerce
- fantastic organisation skills with high attention to detail – a practical problem solver
- positive can-do attitude
- able to work at speed: both in collaboration with others and also independently
- providing solutions with a positive outlook; ability to juggle a number of projects simultaneously, resourceful, with energy and a charming touch
strong communication and interpersonal skills
The studio is a very sociable and inclusive place to work. Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion is a fundamental part of our charter. All candidates will be treated fairly regardless of their background, age, race, sex or disability.