Zaha Hadid Architects is seeking an assistant design coordinator – building information modelling to join its growing team in London.
In this role you will be closely working with the architect/designers to create excellent-quality design in line with the ethos and integrity of the ZHA brand. We are looking for someone who is ready to grow and learn, under the expert guidance of senior colleagues.
- develop 3D BIM models, 2D drawings and schedules using Revit
- develop BIM projects including Revit standards, drawings, families and templates
- execute workflows between design models of Maya, Rhino, Grasshopper with Revit
- coordinate with the project team and deliver information on a broad range of challenging international architectural projects
- an interest in software technology, particularly for efficient cross-application workflows
- an interest in current 3D parametricism and BIM-related developments, tools and software
- willingness to continuously expand professional knowledge and skills
- ability to meet deadlines
- ability to work in teams
- creative approach to problem solving
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- excellent organisation skills
- excellent interpersonal skills
- self-motivated, self-critical and autonomous
- proven proficiency in Revit
- knowledge of federating BIM models using Navisworks and IFC formats
- knowledge of common data environments such as BIM360 or equivalent
- fluency in 2D and 3D software, such as AutoCAD, Rhino, MAYA, Dynamo and Grasshopper
- excellent presentation, conceptual and visualisation skills using Adobe Suite
- ability to develop BIM on parts or all parts of a project, depending on size and scale
- ability to plan and execute drawings and details to company standards
- willingness to train staff on BIM workflows and an ability to present
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and postgraduate education and qualifications in architecture or design technology
- Rhino, Rhino.Inside, Grasshopper, Dynamo and computational design skills highly desirable
- scripting and programming skills in C#, C++, VB, Python, etc, highly desirable
- ability to automate work and tasks using custom tools and methods highly desirable
How to apply
Along with your CV and portfolio, please also include detailed examples of projects using Revit in your application. ZHA is also particularly interested to see examples of project workflows using either Grasshopper, Dynamo, Rhino.Inside or scripting methods, if possible.
We work at all scales and in all sectors. We create transformative cultural, corporate, residential and other spaces that work in synchronicity with their surroundings.
Zaha Hadid, founding partner of Zaha Hadid Architects, was awarded the Pritzker Architecture Prize in 2004 and is internationally known for her built, theoretical and academic work. Each of her dynamic and innovative projects builds on over thirty years of revolutionary experimentation and research in the interrelated fields of urbanism, architecture and design.
Working with senior office partner Patrik Schumacher, Hadid’s interest is in the rigorous interface between architecture, landscape and geology as the practice integrates natural topography and human-made systems that lead to experimentation with cutting-edge technologies. Such a process often results in unexpected and dynamic architectural forms.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom