Openings project manager
Buenos Aires, Argentina
About the role:
WeWork is seeking a Logistics Specialist who has project management experience in new building openings. This position is involved in a project from pre-lease through close out, and is heavily involved in maintaining operational standards, FF&E inventory management, vendor contracts, warehousing, and staging. Our ideal candidate is a detail-oriented self-starter who is motivated by a fast-paced environment, has the ability to manage multiple projects at once, and is deadline driven. A process orientated mindset and can-do attitude is a must.
- identify and resolve issues or roadblocks that could impact building openings
- serve as a liaison between development project manager and extended project teams including IT, AV, procurement, operations, community, etc
- work with construction team to ensure completion of all aspects of interior and exterior signage including strategy, approval, fabrication, and install
- collaborate with property management teams to implement all operational processes including: security procedures, guest registration, cleaning, sanitation, freight and HVAC policies, fire and life safety, base building maintenance requests, parking, bike policy, etc
- create base building document based on lease review/coordination with property management team, and train community on building specific procedures
- oversee procurement and warehousing strategies are successfully completed based on project timelines
- create and execute opening schedule based on construction, inspections, deliveries, etc
- ensure that all FF&E products and operational items are purchased, delivered, and installed correctly and on time
- coordinate and ensure building security items are completed, including access control and CCTV
- coordinate IT setup with WeWork IT team
- manage onsite openings crew including cleaners, movers, subcontractors, vendors, and WeWork team
- ensure the building is complete/presentable before opening doors to members
- must have an understanding of the construction build‐out process as well as experience on a construction site
- ability to read architectural drawings and identify layout issues
- very computer savvy, proficient in Excel (including basic formulas)
- ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently
- ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks in a compressed timeframe
- ability to maintain order and efficiency in a stressful environment
- energetic, well‐spoken, impeccable communication skills
- four-year college degree. A major in architecture/construction/project management is a plus
- three-five years of relevant work experience
- ability to travel seven-ten days a month
- based in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- must be fluent in both English and Spanish - please provide your resume in
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of 'we' and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Application deadline: 17 May 2017
How to apply
Please apply online via: https://boards.greenhouse.io/wework/jobs/601471?gh_jid=601471