Part-II architectural assistant
London, United Kingdom
Part-II architectural assistant – residential sector
We have an immediate opportunity in our London studio for bright and enthusiastic Part-II architectural assistant to contribute to the delivery of our diverse portfolio of exciting high profile projects our residential studio.
As a Part-II architectural assistant you will work within interdisciplinary BDP project teams with engineers, designers, urbanists and technicians to help deliver an array of challenging projects to the highest quality. Developing your career and expanding your experience in a stimulating environment, you will be able to make your mark on projects from day one.
- have completed your RIBA Part-II
- your portfolio will show UK experience preferably London for residential projects
- be skilled at drawing freehand and your portfolio will illustrate excellent design skills on a range of projects
- have the confidence and ability to present and explain ideas
- be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels and from all backgrounds both verbally and in writing
- be proficient in managing your workload to achieve tight deadlines
- be creative and practical
- be reliable and punctual
And you will have skills in the following
- Adobe design suite (Photoshop is a must)
- Microstation/ AutoCad
- Microsoft Sketchup/Rhino
- Microsoft Office
BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists working together to create outstanding 'places for people'. We work closely with users, clients and the community to create special places for living, working, shopping, culture and learning across Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Founded in Preston in the UK in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the MENA region, India, and China. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors including health, education, workplace, retail, urbanism, heritage, housing, transport, leisure, public safety and energy utilities, having won over 900 awards for design quality from international and national bodies.
In return, BDP offers an excellent opportunity for your personal development as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary and a great working and social environment.
Full Time, 3-6 month contract
BDP is an equal opportunity employer.
Application deadline: 12 April 2017
How to apply
Please complete the online application form: https://careers.bdp.com/VacancyPosting/Detail?VacancyPostingId=178
You will need to include your CV, portfolio, salary expectations and availability.
No agencies or third party applications please.