London , United Kingdom
Matter is looking for a practice manager to join our team.
We are now seeking to fill the key role of practice manager, who has responsibility under the two directors, for leading the business development, marketing and administration side of the practice.
The role requires someone who is proactive, reliable, highly-organised, and enthusiastic; someone who enjoys acting on their own initiative and working closely with the directors, who can prioritise amongst the wide range of tasks and is good at dealing with people. It requires excellent communication, organisational and social skills.
The role is varied and wide-ranging, including covering the areas below:
Marketing, new business, and publicity
- promoting the practice via social media
- updating the website and promotional documents
- liaising with our external PR consultants and the press
- researching new business opportunities for the practice (using sites such as tenders direct, project compass, contracts finder etc.)
- assisting in the preparation of PQQ’s, bid submissions, presentations and awards submissions, including writing, layout and graphic design of documents to a high standard
- liaising with external consultants and suppliers such as IT and cleaners
- updating practice policies and records
- monitoring staff timesheets and expenses, looking after petty cash
- answering phones, dealing with post and deliveries, ordering supplies
- inputting project data into our project management software.
- general administration support to the team, as and when needed.
Skills required include a good working knowledge of Microsoft office and Adobe Creative Cloud suite. Excellent spoken and written English is essential, as is working in a similar role in a UK design practice.
The role is full-time, with a salary probably in the range of £24,000-£28,000 depending on experience.
Matter is an equal opportunities employer and a supporter of Women in Architecture. Our office is a creative, supportive environment where we aim to nurture and develop our staff.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please contact us at email@example.com, with practice manager in subject line, setting out why you are interested in joining Matter. Please include your CV.