London, United Kingdom
Pinch is one of the UK’s most prestigious, creative and successful furniture brands, created by Russell Pinch and Oona Bannon. We are in growth and looking for talented, passionate people to join our team.
For 14 years we have been designing and distributing our award winning, contemporary furniture and lighting from our studio in Clapham, and are now at an exciting moment in our business as we open a shop off Pimlico Road; London’s premier destination for interior design, art and fine furniture.
We are looking for an extremely capable, conscientious and multitasking individual who, based from our Clapham design studio, will be responsible for our stock item costings, stock purchasing, stock checking, and the reporting and management of stock items in and out of the business.
As well as offering an extensive customised service on many of our designs, with a large number of made to order items being handled by our sales team, held stock is a central and critical pillar of our business. It requires a driven individual who is mathematically confident, sales software literate, with an ability to prioritise, and an energetic, can do attitude.
As well as being super organised with regard to purchase order and leadtime management, this post requires an individual who has an appetite for a portfolio role. Our procurement manager will work closely with our design team to schedule QC visits, sign off products for dispatch, ensuring goods are in perfect condition so our customers are always satisfied. They will also be pivotal is organising one-off projects, from exhibitions, to shop events, and the production of printed brand materials. Where required, they need to be confident presenting our furniture to potential clients at our studio, as well as working from our shop one or two days per month, dealing with enquires on our furniture, where an appreciation for contemporary design, ideally at the luxury end, will be a bonus.
Our successful candidate will have a minimum of 18 month's experience procuring goods/having exposure to retail methodology, ideally within the furniture world, or in an equivalent industry. They will have a strong understanding of commerciality, with an ability to work collaboratively in business that moves quickly, and has high expectations of our designs, our products, our service, and our own ability to enjoy the process as we go along.
Pinch is a company with an uncompromising idea of what makes a perfect piece of furniture. We are looking for a positive and energetic individual who will be instrumental in ensuring we continue to grow small, whilst being recognised for delivering a product and representing a brand that is world class.
Key areas of activity:
- manage stock orders and warehouse inventory
- work with our suppliers on fulfillment
- work with finance team processing invoices in
- ownership of price variation implementation and pricelist output
- participate in pricing reviews
- oversee and prep goods for dispatch on designated weekly dispatch day
- project management of standalone events eg. shop events, exhibitions
- some studio management and business administration
- host overflow client visits to studio, presenting furniture
- work with our design assistants re quality control and commercialisation
- detail orientated, structured and highly motivated
- super organised with an ability to multi-task and project manage
- financially fluent and mathmatically strong
- physically energetic and willing to get hands dirty
- Apple Mac and Microsoft office proficient
- experience of Inventory and sales management software
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- fluent in English
- full clean UK driver’s license
- a flexible, can do approach
- an appreciation of fine things, and things done well
This is a Monday-Friday full-time position based in our Clapham Studio, with one shorter Saturday in our shop (with Friday in lieu) per month, rotated amongst the team.
Remuneration is commensurate to experience.
Application deadline: 24 April 2017