New York, United States
OMA’s New York office is looking for a project manager to work on an exciting large-scale corporate campus project. Ideally, candidates should have experience on workspace projects; specifically, should provide references of workspace, office and commercial experience.
The project manager will be responsible for the optimal technical and financial performance of this assigned project.
As the main communications conduit for our client, the project manager will function as a client advocate and implement savvy and effective communication tools to ensure quality of design process: planning solutions, construction documents and construction administration. The project manager will schedule project team meetings and communicate all technical and other project information to team members, across all disciplines. The project manager will provide thorough and accurate project filing and documentation (including both hard copy and electronic media). The project manager will develop a project management plan (PMP), secure approval, manage project staff, subcontractors and resources, and prepare a monthly quality control review and project status report of the project’s technical progress and schedules. Technical responsibilities include review and approval of shop drawings, responding to field questions and disposal all RFI’s, FC’s and CO’s submitted by the construction manager. The project manager will be working closely with the partner, associate-in-charge and project architect to ensure project milestones and goals are met.
- eperience in client communications, contract negotiation, project scheduling, team leadership, consultant coordination, building design, building codes, technical detailing, construction administration, and budget review
- experience with the approval processes for city council agencies & public transportation agencies
- eight years plus of proven experience in all phases of design process: conceptual, detail and design development, with particular focus on construction documents, construction administration, and site supervision
- master’s degree in architecture, ideally with U.S. license
- professional proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit
- professional proficiency in Adobe Suite
- experience with office and commercial projects
- fluency in written and spoken English
- willingness to mentor junior staff
The selected candidate is expected to start in Spring 2017.
Travel will be required.
Application deadline: 14 April 2017
How to apply
To apply, please visit www.oma.eu/jobs and use our online application form to upload your cover letter, resume and portfolio in PDF format.