Senior interior/architect designer
London, United Kingdom
Aedas London is an award winning international design agency going through an exciting period of growth, with a huge amount of experience in the hospitality, residential and workplace sectors. We have several large scale projects upcoming so new starters would have the opportunity to work on a project from start to completion.
Designers seeking to work at Aedas London should have strong creative drive whole also considering commercial project requirements such as budget and programme.
At Aedas we focus on place responsive design to trigger innovative techniques in spatial and design reasoning, challenging cultural norms while also realising projects to their highest potential aspiration. Our approach is primarily collaborative working with design teams across the globe.
We are an international company, and our clients benefit from global standards of design and a multinational team.
Aedas is unique. Aedas is different.
We are looking for a senior interior/architect designer with a minimum of six years experience in the residential/hospitality sector.
designers with retail/F&B experience are an added bonus.
Senior designers at Aedas should have the ability to work across RIBA stages two-six, concept through to construction, with a strong delivery focused approach while also having the ability to manage smaller teams to deliver projects. This role requires a minimum of two years site experience. senior designers will be expected to attend client meetings with the support of the senior team and to liaise with the design team, and have good understanding of the UK and global standards and MEP and structural interface requirements common to the commercial sector.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- responsible for designing and leading large scale hotel and F&B projects with a focus on creating trends rather than following them
- managing and mentoring the junior and middleweight designers within the team to promote growth and efficiency in all tasks
- responsible for creating overall project programs ensuring all deadlines are met on time and to client satisfaction
- understand context, explore and challenge boundaries, draw upon observations, communicate and offer design solutions to achieve design excellence -strong in concept design and extensive knowledge of FF&E
Documentation and main tasks:
- responsible for completing and coordinating full drawing documentation packages to Aedas standards
- review drawings issued (redlining), address and resolve any coordination /clarification required to ensure a smooth coordination process
- manage coordination with all other consultants connected to the project
- excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- exceptional attention to detail
- time efficient
- ability to oversee a number of tasks simultaneously
- solid technical knowledge
- set up initial project timelines
- assist senior team with mapping out project deliverables and providing a key day-to-day client and design team contact
- ability to set up work ID programmes
- advanced skills in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, InDesign and Photoshop
- 3D modelling skills such as StudioMax are a bonus
- advanced skills in Microsoft packages including Excel
- Revit and BIM knowledge on ID projects would be beneficial
BA honour's degree or similar in interior design/architecture
- AutoCAD, SketchUp, InDesign, Photoshop
- minimum five years' in high-end hospitality/residential sector
Salary: dependant on experience
Job level: senior designer
Job type: permanent
We note we are focusing on interior designers/interior architects, and are not advertising for architecture positions at this juncture, please only send your CV and portfolio if you are interested in pursuing Interior design focused projects.
Application deadline: 10 April 2017
How to apply
If you are interested in this position please email email@example.com, stating ‘senior interior/architect designer ID position’ in the subject, and include a cover letter, CV and portfolio excerpts.