Senior interior designer
London, United Kingdom
Spacelab; an award-winning architecture and design practice, are seeking a senior interior designer to join us on a full time, permanent basis, to work on a range of varied and exciting projects.
Our London-based practice has built a reputation over the past 15 years for being visionaries in the industry, creating spaces that empower people; making them feel good and able to be great. We collect and use data to analyse and re-imagine how we can create spaces that are more effective, and can benefit the people that use them.
- visionary: always forward thinking
- smart: incredible attention to detail, efficient with your time, and always keen to learn
- real: confident, relatable and down to earth
- dynamic: adaptable, fresh and creative, always
- together: hands on, empathetic and committed to the needs of the team
Skills, qualifications and requirements:
Specifically, the role will include:
- taking projects from concept to completion–varying in size up to £10million
- generating, developing and implementing interior design concepts
- taking ownership for the project and presenting to potential or existing commercial clients
- site meetings and liaising with consultants
- working with a team, delegating tasks and providing support to other designers
Preferred qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- interior design/architecture degree
- a minimum of five years’ professional experience
- ability to demonstrate experience of taking projects from concept to completion
- good time management skills to meet multiple deadlines
- experience of FF&E selection, coordination and scheduling
- experience coordinating design with other consultants
- confident client handling and presentation skills
- experience in construction and bespoke detailing.
- excellent communication skills, exceptional attention to detail and must be able to
- fluent in English - verbal and written
- proficient using Vectorworks, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- a working knowledge of UK building systems, regulations and construction methods
- competitive salary based upon experience and merit
- progression, training and consistent career development opportunities, including your own personal development plan
- uncapped paid annual leave.
- working daily in a vibrant, open, professional studio environment, situated just five minutes from Old Street Station
- collaborative style of working, with a young, diverse and dynamic team with a passion for contemporary cutting edge design
- a varied and exciting client list, including world-renowned media brands, public bodies and socially responsible housing associations
- sociable, friendly culture
- inclusive, none hierarchical family feel with regular ‘catch ups’ to discuss any company news
- focus on wellbeing with a range of team exercise classes and challenges
Spacelab is an equal opportunities employer.
Application deadline: 2 May 2017
How to apply
If you’re interested, and think you would thrive in a fast paced and rewarding environment, please email your CV and a PDF portfolio,no more than 5MB, to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ref: SL_SD04 along with a covering letter stating your salary expectations and availability.
Due to the large volume of applications expected we are unable to respond to all enquiries.
No agencies please.