Senior brand architect
The Nike Space design department at EHQ is looking for an experienced retail store designer with the ability to lead and create spatial designs through all stages of a project from concept creation through execution. The senior Nike brand architect shall deliver premium and innovative design solutions for multi-brand retail spaces with a focus to create concepts, implement and extend global Nike retail concepts.
Nike space design concepts are anchored in strategic vision to create purposeful designs and to drive innovation and performance in space designs. The designs are centered around a specific consumer muse and create inspirational, locally relevant and seamlessly connected experiences.
The changing role of store experiences require a holistic design approach and must include the use of technology and innovative materials to deliver a holistic and unexpected retail experiences that brings physical and digital worlds together in a meaningful way for the consumer and the brand. Design solutions reflect the narrative of a meaningful story to give the retail experience value beyond its practical functionality.
The senior brand architect demonstrates and inspires diversity of thought, curiosity, and the exploration of big ideas both practical and visionary. With a sensitivity to trends influencing design in general and interior design in particular the senior Nike brand architect is combining Nike's design ethos and inspiration to create highly crafted spaces, fixtures and experiences. Obsessing the detail –while maintaining the strategic thought from concept to execution, combined with an awareness for sustainable use of materials and manufacturing methods.
Nike is a dynamic work environment. The coordination across all stakeholders, providing guidance and design direction is critical. The senior brand architect collaborates effectively with other creative and business functions within Nike such as brand design, retail brand, product presentation, sales. This requires effective tools and communication to maximise efficiency across all levels.
The position is based in Hilversum, The Netherlands and reports into the space design director at EHQ.
Primary responsibilities include:
- leads multiple retail space design projects, providing creative, innovative and holistic design solutions
- collaborates with peers, design counterparts and partner groups at Nike as well as external parties. Fosters and applies innovative thinking, collaboration, and teamwork. Works within team projects as well as independently
- manages design processes to ensure design deliverables, timelines and budgets are met. Initiate and drive best practices. Ensures project goals and priorities align with Brand as well as retail business strategies
- communicates and presents design concepts to all levels of management
- interior design, architectural or industrial design background. Excellent design skills. Minimum requirements: 8 years of working experience in environmental design and four years in retail design
- creative and strategic designer with an ability to communicate design through appropriate visualisation skills
- design management skills
- a positive and flexible approach to a dynamic work environment
- solution oriented individual
- self-motivated, takes initiative to retrieve information, insight and knowledge
- ability to prioritise and organise workload, and respond to aggressive time lines when needed
- clear, concise, and effective communication style. Strong oral and written communication skills across all levels
- demonstrates curiosity and seeks understanding first
- effectively manages ambiguity. Achieves consensus through collaboration and influencing skills
- fluent in English both verbal and written, other languages a plus
- strong team orientation required
- strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and geographies
- enjoys working in a large scale, multi- cultural organisation
- ability to work in a matrix organisation
- ability to illustrate designs from concept stage to technical drawing through sketching, AutoCAD, InDesign, illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch-Up, etc
Travel up to 15%
Application deadline: 12 July 2017
How to apply
Please apply online via: https://jobs.nike.com/job/hilversum/senior-nike-brand-architect/824/4751975