Showroom sales manager
London, United Kingdom
George Smith has become synonymous with beautifully hand crafted furniture. Every sofa, chair, chaise, and stool is lovingly made in our factory in the north of England.
Good design and craftsmanship are key to great furniture and we continue to use the best possible materials to achieve our aims. Our skilled craftsmen and product development team also ensure that furniture is completed in accordance to the very specific requirements demanded by our customers.
George Smith work with many of the top interior design firms and manufacture furniture for some of the most beautiful and luxurious properties around the world. We have our own showrooms and sales people in London, New York, Los Angeles and Chicago as well as many international representatives.
As well as providing face to face customer service, the George Smith showroom team act as a sales office for all enquiries and sales orders. Located within each showroom, the team of account managers manage and develop important relationships with our trade customers, whilst acting as an interface with George Smith’s production facility.
We currently have a vacancy for a showroom sales manager to work at our most successful showroom on the Kings Road in London. To fill this role, we are keen to hear from talented and experienced sales/showroom managers with the skills required to lead an energetic team of sales account managers to deliver the company’s sales targets, whilst ensuring administrative processes and levels of customer service are of the highest standard.
This is a busy, fast-paced role which will require a strong ability to multi-task.
You will work towards monthly and annual financial targets, maximising sales, through effective management of the showroom sales team, delivering specific KPI’s and, at all times, ensuring the showroom is presented to a standard befitting a luxury furniture brand.
- manage the merchandising and presentation of showroom and window displays
- manage your own customer accounts, orders and projects and in doing so, lead by example
- ensure the showroom team deliver the best possible customer service, at all times, and develop long term relationships with our customers
- effectively manage communication channels and relationships between the showroom and factory, cultivating a ‘one-team’ culture
- oversee quotation and order processing procedures to ensure they meet company guidelines
- support the external trade sales executive in securing residential and contract sales with target interior design customers
- hosting networking events for architects and interior designers
- training will be provided so you are competent in product knowledge and the company’s operating system.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience managing a showroom inclusive of P&L responsibility
- be an effective and inspirational leader and manager
- have a proven track record of outstanding sales experience
- have excellent customer focus and take pride in doing a great job
- be committed to excellence and have high standards of integrity
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- be well organised with strong attention to detail
- present themselves professionally
- know how to adapt their sales approach dependent on the customer type and personality
- have a passion for interior design
- be competent in organising and hosting events for interior designers
- be self-motivated with a burning ambition to succeed
The showroom is open 9.30 am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, and 10am to 5pm on Saturdays; however, candidates are required to be flexible outside of these hours.
Location: 587-589 Kings Road, SW6 2EH
Salary: dependent on experience
Application deadline: 20 May 2017
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter or e-mail to Gabriella Gunthardt.
587-589 Kings Road
London SW6 2EH